Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 18:09:43 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Pardus for beginners
| | |-+  Build Your Own Package (from independent source) guidelines
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Build Your Own Package (from independent source) guidelines  (Read 4001 times)
Llama
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: March 23, 2009, 09:36:34 AM »

Hi,

Are there any such guidelines already described?
azra
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 09:51:27 AM »

Hey Llama
is this what you are looking for?
http://en.pardus-wiki.org/Pisi_Package
Llama
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 09:59:34 AM »

Looks promising, yes Smiley . Thanks!
azra
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 10:07:31 AM »

No problem  Wink
What do you want to package?
Llama
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 10:12:38 AM »

linuxwacom
Llama
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 18:06:07 PM »

Hey Llama
is this what you are looking for?
http://en.pardus-wiki.org/Pisi_Package
The page is tagged "under construction", but the construction process apparently froze in February Sad . This pspec.xml/dtd thing makes sense only if there are some tools that make the process reasonably user-friendly, doesn't it? On the other hand, the Wiki says that pspec.xml file is to be prepared 'by hand'. Is it really that cruel Smiley ?
Michiel
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 19:00:44 PM »

The current status of the several PISI wiki pages is somewhat unclear.

I also came across some interesting pages, however in turkish, when you do a sort of translation into english using Google Translate, you can get the point of most sentences.

Interesting is e.g. Pisicevir
As far as I understand this application should help in transfroming Debian .dev packages intoi PISI packages.

Installing after downloading and extracting http://pisicevir.googlecode.com/files/pisicevir.tar.gz:
Code:
sudo python pisicevir_kur.py

Usage:
Code:
Sudo pisicevir package.deb

Haven't tried this yet.

For the core work also see the other wiki page on actions.py
http://fr.pardus-wiki.org/Creer_un_paquet_pisi  (in french)
http://en.pardus-wiki.org/Actions_API (in english)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 19:09:35 PM by Michiel » Logged

Former Pardus user, now on OpenSUSE 12.2 (KDE)
PhiX
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2009, 21:33:32 PM »

To help you building packages from source, you can install pisiyap and pisiyap-kde3 (or pisiyap-kde4 if you have KDE4).

Team Pardus-fr - French Pardus tools translator
Michiel
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2009, 21:41:30 PM »

Interesting, translated this from the french Pardus community forum by using Google Translate engine:

===============================================   
Last night I made a first test with PisiYap.
For that, I recovered:
* Source Jabber client Psi on its official website
* Files actions.py, pspec.xml and translations.xml available on the website of Pardus to compare with those generated by PisiYap from source Psi.
After completing the required fields, PisiYap creates files without me asking for problems. (Note that it supports auto, perl, CMake, Python, SCons KDE and tools).
The file obtained pspec.xml actually resembles a sort of template, some fields are already filled (which correspond to the information previously requested) and other "gray" are to be completed by hand (like dependencies).
That's the first preview.
==================================================

Michiel
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2009, 22:33:45 PM »

I gave PisiYap a try...but...mmm..I will patiently await a wiki, after having completed all fields nothing seems to happen upon pressing the Create button.
Perhaps I overlooked something...

Llama
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2009, 10:05:27 AM »

There's life without PisiYap, after all. It took a while to discover, but better late than never  Grin ...

(1) Install Eclipse. If you're interested in running it, but don't know how, get Eclipse For Dummies

(2) install WTP (Web Tools Platform) plugin. It isn't in Pardus repos, you probably want to look here (wtp-wst-R-3.0.4-20090213193639.zip). For hints you may look into an Arch port from AUR. The info is in PKGBUILD; it's like pspec.xml+actions.py  Tongue .
WTP (actually WDT  Grin ; looks exactly like WTP) installation, Pardus way: Help->Software Updates->Available Software->Ganymede Update Site:

Web Developer Tools

There are dependencies (can't say if they are going to be resolved automatically):

Graphical Editing Framework GEF
EMF - Eclipse Modeling Framework Runtime

(3) Run this tutorial.

(4) Enjoy!

Granted, this is a solution a bit on the heavy side, but lightweight solutions like XML Copy Editor require a bit of how-to. Unfortunately, the persons of knowledge keep mum, like here or there. If by any chance you have the answer, speak up  Grin , will you?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 12:05:04 PM by Llama » Logged
yasar

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2009, 10:49:28 AM »

I gave PisiYap a try...but...mmm..I will patiently await a wiki, after having completed all fields nothing seems to happen upon pressing the Create button.
Perhaps I overlooked something...

Hi,
pisiyap should be working just fine if you filled all the blanks that needed to be filled. After you clicked create button it should produce pspec.xml, actions.py and other files if needed. After that you should edit pspec.xml and actions.py for further needs. For example adding dependencies for that package may be your further need. You can find all the tags you can use on pspec.xml here. There is also a complete documentation for modules that can be used for actions.py but unfortunately it is in Turkish. If you still interested you can find it here. After you completed all required editings you should open konsole, go to the directory which includes your pspec.xml and than type

"pisi build pspec.xml"

if there isn't any mistakes, you should see your .pisi file at the same directory as your pspec.xml.

I just want to remind that pisiyap was developed just to make pisi packaging a little bit easier. If you want to make succesfull pisi packages with pisiyap, you should already know how to make pisi packages without it. You can find all pspec.xml and actions.py files of all official pisi packages here to get an idea about pisi packaging
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 10:59:27 AM by yasar » Logged
PhiX
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2009, 10:51:36 AM »

The advantage of PiSiYap is that it provides some guidelines and assistance. You have none in Eclipse, so it's not quite easier than a simple text editor like Kate or nano.

Llama
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2009, 11:10:32 AM »

The advantage of PiSiYap is that it provides some guidelines and assistance. You have none in Eclipse, so it's not quite easier than a simple text editor like Kate or nano.
PisiYap helps to edit/validate pspec.xml against pisi-spec.dtd. Eclipse with WTP plugin helps to edit/validate any xml file against any dtd, that's all. The level of automation is about the same Smiley ...
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 11:45:16 AM by Llama » Logged
PhiX
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2009, 12:05:41 PM »

OK. I read too quickly so I missed the DTD part.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: