Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 14:29:43 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Pardus for beginners
| | |-+  how did I get a migration.log file in home folder?[solved]
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: how did I get a migration.log file in home folder?[solved]  (Read 660 times)
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« on: March 25, 2009, 00:21:42 AM »

Hi to all,

I was using Pardus to search for some problems I was having in openSUSE, and I see I have a "migration.log" in my home folder.  Today I was looking at this url that is at the linuxforums.org here and I'm pretty sure I tried some of the terminal commands that were listed here.  I should be more careful about this.  I'm not really sure if this is how I got this log file.

It is attached below.  I thought migration tool was only for windows.  Should I be concerned?  I'm terrible!  I don't even know how I got the
file  Shocked

I tried posting this, but log files aren't accepted, so I hope this isn't a double post.  I know it's late for many of you and there is no hurry with this.  Just curious.  Must shut down the computer as there is a thundershower outside.
Thanks! Lisa Marie

marked solved as I sort of think I know how it happened, when as mentioned in below post. 

* migration.txt (3.23 KB - downloaded 48 times.)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 15:01:57 PM by Lisa » Logged
bubbel
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 06:43:06 AM »

Hello Lisa Marie,

did you use Pardus Migration Tool? Look please screenshot. Wink I f you have use it, than you find a migation.log in home-folder.

Greetings
bubbel

* Migration-Tool.png (80.09 KB, 710x524 - viewed 43 times.)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 08:42:18 AM by bubbel » Logged
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 14:53:04 PM »

Funny you should ask that, bubbel, because just before I logged in I was looking at the kde menu editor and saw the Pardus Migration Centre icon, which I recognized when I first installed Pardus and the Kaptan welcome and wizard screen showed that tool towards the end  No, I've never used it and never have in such a tool in the past.  I wonder if there's a way to see history of what I ran in terminal, I guess that would be some sort of bash file in my home folder.  When I do click on the Migration tool GUI, it is showing step one of four. So, I assume that means I didn't use the GUI to set it up.  This has me curious.  Undecided  I'm sure it was something I did.  Or maybe Tommy Toots jumped up on the keyboard  Grin

Thanks for the feedback!
Lisa Marie

edited to add: I just looked at my bash history file and I would bet 2 bits that the last command did it:
Code:
u
su
su
su
vi -h
vi /etc/resolv.conf
vi /etc/resolv.conf
pisi -help
pisi help cache
pisi graph
mount /media/cdrecorder
I noticed after I ran that command as root, it did nothing but brought me back to my root, which made me a bit nervous as it made me wonder, "okay, what file did I mysteriously alter, or what did I just do!"   
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 14:59:55 PM by Lisa » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: