Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 11:08:05 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Pardus for beginners
| | |-+  Google earth trouble: libssl error
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Google earth trouble: libssl error  (Read 1365 times)
frisil
Pardus fellow craft

Linux rules!

View Profile
« on: April 02, 2009, 19:09:50 PM »

Hi,
just installed googleearth5 but cannot start it, I always get the following error:

Code:
/googleearth-bin: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8: undefined symbol: EVP_camellia_128_cbc

Any idea what to do? I've looked for libssl upgrades in pisi, but there are none. Thanks for any help in advance!

The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. (Lovecraft)
PhiX
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 19:39:29 PM »

Hi frisil,

The cryptography library packaged with Google Earth 5.0 isn't compatible with Pardus. You have to deactivate it by renaming it :
Code:
su
Code:
cd /usr/local/google-earth
Code:
mv ./libcrypto.so.0.9.8 ./libcrypto.so.0.9.8.old

Team Pardus-fr - French Pardus tools translator
frisil
Pardus fellow craft

Linux rules!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 00:54:55 AM »

Thanks, I get it to start now (at least) but...

Next problem is: The fonts in GoogleEarth are not readable (see screenshot). Any idea how to fix this? I'm using KDE3 and I am running Pardus conneted to a TV with the rather strange resolution of 1360x768. When I try to run KDE4, I have the same problem with all programs, but kde3 works fine. The font in the kdm screen is also not readable, but that's no problem, as I set it to auto-login.

* ge_broken.jpg (141.94 KB, 968x671 - viewed 62 times.)

The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. (Lovecraft)
bubbel
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 06:21:43 AM »

Hello,

a pisi of GoogleEarth you find on my Server http://pchilfe-juergens.de/PISI-Pakete/ and it works without problems.

Greetings
bubbel
frisil
Pardus fellow craft

Linux rules!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 00:11:05 AM »

Hello,

a pisi of GoogleEarth you find on my Server http://pchilfe-juergens.de/PISI-Pakete/ and it works without problems.

Greetings
bubbel

That's very nice of you, but it won't solve the problem.There is nothing wrong with my version either, it's just that my TV (not connected to a computer monitor!) cannot display certain fonts due to resolution issues (like basically everything in kde4 and kdm). So I need a way to change the fonts in google-earth so I can see them on my living room TV. They work with a computer monitor, so there is nothing wrong with google earth.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: