Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 09:16:15 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  Introduce yourself
| | |-+  Hello from Pisa, Italy
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hello from Pisa, Italy  (Read 1062 times)
canesalato

View Profile
« on: May 01, 2009, 06:52:06 AM »

Hi everybody, I've just discovered Pardus and I'm already falling in love with it!
I'm coming from kubuntu jaunty, which is, in my opinion, a pretty nice release, that I've been following since the first alpha, helping with bugreports and testing. Pardus however seems to be more "polished": it has that magic touch that makes me feel happy about using it. Can't wait for a kde4  (2009) version!

Something about me (if not interested just skip Smiley ): I'm from Pisa, Italy, where I study marine Biology. At the same time I work as a scuba dive instructor. (ps: for all the divers around here...ever tried vplanner and jdivelog for linux? Smiley ).  Hope to travel the world one day, helping with my work to protect what human beings have not destroyed yet about the sea. I consider free software an important step in the right direction for a better world. Free software is related to free knowledge and. above all, to the power of being free to think with our own mind. This is a very important topic for me, in my country media are heavily influenced by a single person, who owns most of them and sometimes it's hard to understand what's really true and what's false. Or even if there's something true at all in what we watch in tv or read in the newspapers. 
About my nickname: cane salato is the litteral Italian translation for "Salty dog". Smiley

waf
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 09:45:52 AM »

Welcome!

« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 10:30:56 AM by waf » Logged
PhiX
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 23:29:00 PM »

Welcome canesalato !

Team Pardus-fr - French Pardus tools translator
bubbel
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 11:58:39 AM »

Hello canesalato,

welcome from me too. Smiley

Greetings
bubbel
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 00:20:24 AM »

Welcome, "Salty Dog"  Cheesy

Glad you have found out how nice Pardus is to use. 

I think media is the same way here in the States, but those in charge are more sneaky about it, and not so  obvious, so to make it easier for us to believe all they tell us.  For this reason, I usually avoid watching the news, besides, they rarely  report on good stories - mostly negative.

Again, welcome here! 

Regards, Lisa Marie

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: