Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 08:12:10 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  Tips and tricks
| | |-+  How to request pisi packages from developers
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How to request pisi packages from developers  (Read 1237 times)
yasar

View Profile
« on: May 04, 2009, 08:09:00 AM »

Hi you guys Wink

We often want some pisi packages for the applications we need, don't we. For that purpose we ask for them from forums so that people who can do it may do it right? Yes that works fine,however, we can request pisi packages directly from the developers too. In this link it explains how to do it.Unfortunately it is written in Turkish so I will briefly explain how it is done.

It is done by using Pardus bugzilla. First of all, one should register for bugzilla. When you go to registration page, you need to put your e-mail adress into text field you will see there. After that you'll get confirmation link via e-mail. It is also in Turkish but don't bother with that. Just click the first link (which should end with =request_new_account, not the one ending with =cancel_new_account). You will be asked for your real name and pasword for your account. After you finish with that, you are ready to log into Pardus Bugzilla.

Now log into bugzilla using your e-mail adress ("e-posta adresi" in Turkish) and password ("parola" in Turkish). After that you should click the link which lets you to add new entity which named "Yeni bir hata raporu girişi" (it means something like "Entering a new bug report"). After that you see categories listed with both Turkish and English explations. We need to choose "Paketler / Packages" one. It will take a while to load the page, be patient... After you see the page, you will need to fill some blanks as you can guess Smiley I will explain what means what right now.

"Sürüm" ==> Version (If you are using most up-to-date version, it should be "Pardus 2008.2")
"Bileşen" ==> Component (You should select" _yeni paket" one which means new package, it is at the end of the list.)

Other ones except "URL", "Özet" and "Tanım" are the ones we don't need to change so I won't explain them right now.

"URL" ==> URL (You should enter homepage of the package you want to request here)
"Özet" ==> Summary (Brief explation of the package you want)
"Tanım"  ==> Definiton (You should put nice features of the package you want and explain why should it be packaged.)

After you fill all essential parts, you need to click on "Gönder" button, which means "Send" in English. After you do all of that your request will be sent to developers. They will make the package when they got time. But you should know that not all the requested packaged will get packed. Main reasons for that:
  • Inappropirate licensing
  • Lots of dependencies
  • Not being compatible with Pardus
  • Not being good enough for Pardus/Not worth packaging.

At the last part of the "How to request Pisi Packages" page it says that: Up to the time this document have written developers packed 358 pisi packaged. So do NOT hesitate to request. Take care...
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 10:32:24 AM by yasar » Logged
bubbel
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 10:02:15 AM »

Hello yasar,

all your Links in your Thread dos not go. Shocked

Greetings
bubbel
yasar

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 10:33:52 AM »

There was a mistake I did when I use url adding things. I fixed them now.

Have a nice day Cheesy
bubbel
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 11:30:20 AM »

Have a nice day Cheesy

Thank you and have you a nice day too. Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: