Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 10:54:15 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  As seen on the internet
| | |-+  Future Firefox to run separate processes
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Future Firefox to run separate processes  (Read 606 times)
waf
« on: May 09, 2009, 23:28:48 PM »

http://www.h-online.com/open/Future-Firefox-to-run-separate-processes--/news/113246

According to the Mozilla Wiki, future versions of Firefox will use separate processes for the browser user interface and the handling of web page content. Unlike Google Chrome and Internet Explorer 8, the individual browser tabs will not run their own individual processes – this is only planned for even later versions. The Mozilla developers say the advantages will be improvements in performance and stability. By running the UI and content in separate processes, if there are problems with a web site the browser won't lock up and will still react to user input. Current versions of Firefox only run as a single process.

A semi-functioning draft of the browser is planned for mid July, followed by fleshing out the main code by the start of November and then final compatibility and performance tweaks. There is as yet no estimated date for the final release.

Mozilla is also considering using the network stack from Chromium to replace Necko, its own network library.
Michiel
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 13:51:22 PM »

Don 't know whether it is related, but I have experienced lots of system crashes and freeze lately, always when browsing in Firefox.

Sometimes -if I am lucky- I hit CTL-ALT-Esc fast enough and can kill the running firefox (the cursor chages to skull), but other times nothing reacts anymore and I have to push the POWER button to start up again.

It is quite annoying and very strange for me as a Linux user (linux always being praised for stable performance, just like OSX).

It might have to do with one or mroe plugins/add-ons, I don't know, when you Google on firefox linux crash, lots of hits refer to an Adobe Flash related crash.

Anyway I experience these system crashes only for the last 6 weeks or so, I have never had similar problems before when using (Pardus) linux.

Former Pardus user, now on OpenSUSE 12.2 (KDE)
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 15:47:59 PM »

Don 't know whether it is related, but I have experienced lots of system crashes and freeze lately, always when browsing in Firefox.
I don't have this experience.  Smiley
It's as stable as it has always been.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: