MediaMosa is a Full Featured, Webservice Oriented Media Management and Distribution platform.
MediaMosa is a state-of-the-art, scalable Middleware Media Distribution Platform and facilitates access to, and usage of (shared) storage capacity, metadata databases, transcoding- and streaming servers. The platform offers functionality for searching, playing, uploading, transcoding, as well as a fine granularity media access control system towards its users. MediaMosa is based on the Representational State Transfer (REST) architecture and is designed to support content streaming applications by providing a back-end-, audio- and video-infrastructure.
It's main features are:
• Delivery platform for audio, video (and other content)
• Streaming of any format (e.g. Flash, H.264 MPEG-4 and WindowsMedia)
• Transcoding based on FFmpeg
• Flexible Metadata Element Sets
• Open Source under GPLv2 license
MediaMosa is a free and open software package. It is based on the Drupal CMS and supports the use of several other Open Source software such as FFmpeg