Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 04:41:52 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Installing Pardus
| | |-+  Lockup at auto log in.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lockup at auto log in.  (Read 1122 times)
monkeyboy

View Profile
« on: July 06, 2009, 04:58:52 AM »

I am having difficulties with Pardus 2009 so I am looking for help. After downloading the torrent I installed it under Virtualbox and really enjoyed it. In fact it is nice enough that I want to dual boot it with Mint 7, unfortunately it locks up at the auto log in. I checked the integrity of the CD, tried different combinations of the boot options but I still can't get it to boot.
 The computer is a home assembled box with:
4 GIB Memory
Intel Quad Core @ 2.4 GHZ
Two Western Digital 250 IDE Hard Drives
Two NVIDIA 6800 Video Cards in SLI
ASUS P5N SLI MB
  The SLI usually requires editing the X config file to get the NVIDIA drivers working but I cant get to that point in this install. Any help, suggestions or pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks 
PhiX
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 22:21:52 PM »

Hello and welcome monkeyboy,

Some people reported RAM problems with this motherboard. Removing one RAM stick may solve the problem. You said you have two NVidia graphic cards. Maybe it is part of the problem.

Another idea : use a boot CD such as UltimateBootCD to trigger the boot process and then substitute it for the Pardus CD. I have successfully booted some non-booting PC using this technique.

Another way of installing Pardus without burning a CD : http://worldforum.pardus-linux.nl/index.php?topic=2779.msg13353#new

You can also fill in a bug report on Pardus Bug System in order to get develloper's attention and expertise.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 10:27:03 AM by PhiX » Logged

Team Pardus-fr - French Pardus tools translator
monkeyboy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 17:27:31 PM »

Thanks PhiX, I will follow up on your suggestions and to file a bug report.   When I get this sorted out I will return and post the final fix. Thanks again Monkeyboy
mpie
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 18:17:35 PM »

You could also try adding init 3 to the end of the kernel, this should boot to before x starts or if you have a different live disk to hand  that works use this to editt the file then boot

....Sorry on re reading

options to try not listed

nomodeset -- disables kernel modesetting help on nvidia and ati cards
xorg=safe   -- should get you a 640x480 or 800x600 display to install from

« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 19:03:31 PM by mpie » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: