Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 14:39:38 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Software
| | |-+  Skype for 2009
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Skype for 2009  (Read 1564 times)
EmyrB

View Profile
« on: July 22, 2009, 13:25:29 PM »

Last night I had to repair my daughter's PC which has been happily running Pardus 2008.x for several months now. Not sure what happened, but either Emerald or Compiz killed it, and I couldn't recover from it Sad

Anyway as I had to download Pardus 2008.2, I decided on downloading 2009 instead, and after a very uneventful install (always a good sign) I booted to a shiny new KDE4.2.4 desktop. First off my I give a big thanks and heaps of praise for the developers as Pardus 2009 looks very polished and professional and KDE 4.2 looks super.

Anyway, back top the point in hand, I configured all but Skype, which I couldn't find in PiSi. Any ideas how I can install this, my daughter uses it quite a lot to talk to her cousins in Canada and Australia and her friends in France?

Cheeres

EmyrB
bubbel
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 13:53:27 PM »

Anyway, back top the point in hand, I configured all but Skype, which I couldn't find in PiSi. Any ideas how I can install this,

Hello,

then you should do this: http://worldforum.pardus-linux.nl/index.php?topic=2826.0  Wink

Greetings
bubbel
soilwork

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 19:20:36 PM »

Last night I had to repair my daughter's PC which has been happily running Pardus 2008.x for several months now. Not sure what happened, but either Emerald or Compiz killed it, and I couldn't recover from it Sad

Anyway as I had to download Pardus 2008.2, I decided on downloading 2009 instead, and after a very uneventful install (always a good sign) I booted to a shiny new KDE4.2.4 desktop. First off my I give a big thanks and heaps of praise for the developers as Pardus 2009 looks very polished and professional and KDE 4.2 looks super.

Anyway, back top the point in hand, I configured all but Skype, which I couldn't find in PiSi. Any ideas how I can install this, my daughter uses it quite a lot to talk to her cousins in Canada and Australia and her friends in France?

Cheeres

EmyrB

hi,

open terminal and first use this for compile

sudo pisi  bi https://svn.pardus.org.tr/pardus/2009/devel/network/chat/skype/pspec.xml

than use this for install

pisi it skype-2.0.0.72-14.pisi

taken from turkish official users forum: http://www.ozgurlukicin.com/forum/internet/7688/?page=1#post49735
EmyrB

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 12:03:21 PM »

Thanks for the replys guys, I shall do this tonight and get my daughter back to her social network  Grin
andyb
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 16:48:27 PM »

Hi

I installed Skype this way a couple of days ago (onto Pardus 2009).  All works well, except the webcam (Creative NX Pro) which doesn't.  The webcam works fine with Kopete, and worked with Pardus 2008.1.

Quite a specific problem I know- but anyone any ideas?

Thanks!
caber
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 21:49:44 PM »

The problem is when one does a search for "skype", the interface maybe in English, but all of the bug reports are in Turkish. Do we duplicate the bug in English and if so will anyone be able to respond ? I would assume that if something is in the 2008 repos it's simply a matter of porting it over to 2009 - it would be nice just to have a time line. Some of these apps like Skype and wxcam are very basic things to have - especially seeing how 2009 was advertised as having increased webcam compatibility Smiley All-in-all 2009 is very nice to use, but the application list seems a tad small.
bubbel
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2009, 08:13:48 AM »

Do we duplicate the bug in English and if so will anyone be able to respond

Hello caber,

you can write a new Bug in English. If the developers means it is a duplicate of another Bug you will informed too. Wink

Greetings
bubbel
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: