Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 10:29:56 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Software
| | |-+  (solved, sort of... gave up.) no sound & volume adjusment, pulseaudio problem...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: (solved, sort of... gave up.) no sound & volume adjusment, pulseaudio problem...  (Read 1524 times)
brjoon1021

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2009, 08:50:18 AM »

I hope not... I like many people have trouble with pulseaudio.

Thanks,

B
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 03:57:55 AM by brjoon1021 » Logged
Archdevil

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 21:16:12 PM »

Yes. Pardus uses Pulseaudio.
brjoon1021

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 18:47:00 PM »

Thank you for the response.

NICE JOB on this distro. One of the very, very best distros, for sure.

I installed 2009 and I like it a lot. I am having no problems with pulseaudio. I do have a KDE-centric question that I am going to post.

Thanks,

B.
brjoon1021

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 18:30:08 PM »

Oh, I was afraid of this. Pulseaudio rears its ugly head again. The master channel for Kmix was "Front" now, for no reason it changed itself to "Digital" and the following problems are occuring: The volume can't be changed, it is pinned at 100% and secondly, there is no sound through any medium nor any system sounds.

This is Pardus 2009. I ran a Pisi update prior to the reboot. I have rebooted a few times and the problem persists.
bubbel
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 18:41:03 PM »

The master channel for Kmix was "Front" now

Try this: Wink

If Kmix is on loudless adjusted places all expenditure automatic controllers in such a way on maximum and afterwards selects " MASTER" as forward channel.

Greetings
bubbel
brjoon1021

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2009, 21:25:01 PM »

Thanks for your help.

I rebooted today, and it decided all by itself that the Master channel would be the channel controlled by Kmix, and of course, at 100% volume. It has been "Front". "Digital" and now "Master" - all selected by pulseaudio without any input by me.

How can this horrible software be released ? If you look at the Ubuntu forums you will see several huge threads that essentially amount to fixing pulseaudio. I hate it.

Since it selected Master all by itself I can only wonder if your advice can help, but thanks anyway.

B
bubbel
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2009, 05:53:47 AM »

I can only wonder if your advice can help, but thanks anyway.

It makes me happy, which I could help. Smiley Can you please edit the Topic as [solved] in your first post.

Thanks
bubbel
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 08:00:22 AM by bubbel » Logged
waf
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2009, 10:30:17 AM »

Today I've found in the package manager an update of pulseaudio.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: