Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 16:28:23 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Configuring Pardus
| | |-+  [Solved!] Am I missing a FF file?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Solved!] Am I missing a FF file?  (Read 1125 times)
Mourningdove
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: July 26, 2009, 00:16:37 AM »

When I type in a text box (like this one), every word is underlined in red. That kind of indicates that I'm missing something in the spelling configuration.

When I typed a subject in the subject line (above), I didn't get the red underlines.

Variables:

1. I installed aspell from the repo. I configured it for use with Emacs, but haven't touched it otherwise.

2. I also have a FF add-on called It's All Text!, which allows me to use a third-party text editor (in my case, Emacs, though you can use Vi or just about anything) in a Web text box. It's All Text! has produced no side-effects in any of the other distros I've tried. But none of them had FF 3.5.

Does anybody know what I'm talking about? I feel like I'm doing a lousy job explaining this. I'm wondering if Firefox is linked to ZPSpell, the Turkish-language utility. I don't know how to change that if it's so.

Thanks.

(Edit: typo.)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 18:30:51 PM by Mourningdove » Logged
tonyzbj42
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 09:08:18 AM »

I had this myself. It is because Firefox defaults to Turkish in the dialogue boxes. To change this, right-click in the text box (underlined red) and go to the bottom of the list, select Languages.

If your language is not listed, select 'Add Dictionaries'.

When I installed Pardus 2009, It did not set up the system language (in my case) as en-gb (United Kingdom). I added this from PISI (under Localization), and set up Pardus to United Kingdom.
I downloaded the En-GB Firefox Add-on, which then gave me the option to set the Language as United Kingdom in the list.

Hope this helps,

Tony.
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 09:52:54 AM »

Here is another missing option in FF 3.5.1 P2009.
When I click the middle mouse button (scroll wheel) in FF 3.0 in P2008 a scroll icon (picture bellow) is shown in FF.
This is very handy to scroll in a page.
I am missing this option in FF 3.5.1 ! Sad
Anybody having an idea how to get this option back?

* FF3_0scroll.png (54.82 KB, 655x335 - viewed 55 times.)
Pjotr
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 11:54:40 AM »

Anybody having an idea how to get this option back?Here is another missing option in FF 3.5.1 P2009.Here is another missing optionHere is another missing option in FF 3.5.1 P2009.
When I click the middle mouse button (scroll wheel) in FF 3.0 in P2008 a scroll icon (picture bellow) is shown in FF.
I am missing this option in FF 3.5.1 ! Sad in FF 3.5.1 P2009.

Use "automatic scroll"  in the FF "preferences" tab
that did the trick in my case.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 11:58:06 AM by Pjotr » Logged
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 13:00:30 PM »

Use "automatic scroll"  in the FF "preferences" tab
that did the trick in my case.
Thanks, that's the one.  Cheesy
Mourningdove
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 18:30:12 PM »

I had this myself. It is because Firefox defaults to Turkish in the dialogue boxes. To change this, right-click in the text box (underlined red) and go to the bottom of the list, select Languages.

That's the ticket! Thanks!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: