Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 15:29:02 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  Introduce yourself
| | |-+  Hi from Russia
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hi from Russia  (Read 1573 times)
tribunal
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: July 31, 2009, 12:51:50 PM »

Hi from Saint-Petersburg, Russia. Interested in Pardus. Right now using OpenSUSE, nice distro, but always looking for something new. As I see, I'm not the first russian here, so I hope, there will be russian version of Pardus  Roll Eyes
And waiting for LiveCD to give Pardus a try. I have heard, that Pardus 2009 is the best KDE4-distro right now  Smiley
trixon
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 13:45:41 PM »

Hi, and welcome!
You dont have to wait for the live cd, just install Pardus in virtual box.
Regarding language support, thera was not a Swedish version of Pardus when i first used it, and now there is.
Trust me, if I could do it, so can you!
tribunal
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 14:41:17 PM »

As I see, Pardus uses its own package format and I have got a lot of questions. There can I read about it?
About translation: I can help only with translation from english to russian, the only turkish word I know is "Pisi" Smiley
trixon
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 15:35:37 PM »

The translations is done from English...
Please read http://developer.pardus.org.tr/newdeveloper/index.html
and
http://en.pardus-wiki.org/PiSi
http://en.pardus-wiki.org/Pisi_CLI_Usage
tribunal
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 15:52:14 PM »

My question was: what's the difference between PiSi and let's say rpm. What was the reason to create unique format.
About translation: good, as I know, almost all popular applications are translated into russian, and I have seen somebody has started translation into russian, may be I will install Pardus in virtual box and contact with him.
bubbel
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 16:42:18 PM »

Hello tribunal,

here a short explanation, what PISI is: Wink

Code:
PiSi package management PiSi (Packages Installed Successfully as Intended, collecting main: IPA2) is the package management system of Pardus.
It is the Primärtool, in order to install applications, removes or updates. PiSi stores and administers dependence of the different packages, libraries and COMAR expirations.
Characteristics of PiSi contain: Uses LZMA Programmed in Python Small and efficient packages Sources of package in XML and Python written Fast data base access by implemented one Berkeley DB Integration of low level and high level package operations (dependence) Framework, in order to develop on it applications and tools Comprehensive CLI and a user-friendly Qt GUI (independent project)

Greetings
bubbel
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 17:28:31 PM by bubbel » Logged
tribunal
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 18:14:47 PM »

I see, anyway, there are a lot of other unique features in Pardus. It is not xx-th clone of ubuntu Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: