Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 08:58:32 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  As seen on the internet
| | |-+  http://www.6billionothers.org/
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: http://www.6billionothers.org/  (Read 4791 times)
BenimAdımKırmızı
« on: August 05, 2009, 22:48:26 PM »

http://www.6billionothers.org/
check it out and help to translate or what ever you want
this is a new Project by YANN ARTHUS-BERTRAND
have also a look here: http://www.home-2009.com/us/index.html
PhiX
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 12:52:05 PM »

Think twice before participating to this project. It promotes the idea that we are all the same whatever country we are living in (same occupations, same desires, same hopes) and that it is therefore legitimate not to resist to the merging of all civilizations into a unique one, which is based on the dominant model : the american way of life.
This is pure anti-nations propaganda.

Team Pardus-fr - French Pardus tools translator
BenimAdımKırmızı
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 13:27:14 PM »

Think twice before participating to this project. It promotes the idea that we are all the same whatever country we are living in (same occupations, same desires, same hopes) and that it is therefore legitimate not to resist to the merging of all civilizations into a unique one, which is based on the dominant model : the american way of life.
This is pure anti-nations propaganda.

Hard words....
i dont think that is just propaganda in a bad way - the american way of life is surely not to set equal with the western civilisation or EU or something else and i dont think that Berthrand want to spread the Americanway.
But the Idea that we are all equal, is a old model of thinking which i believe in  - so the project may make clear that People all around the world feel like the same, hope the same, worry about the same and so on.

A short example is Pardus:
All over the world we use Pardus, we communicate with each other , we got some same Problems, we spread Pardus, we work together, we hope that Pardus is getting better as it already is, Pardus and especially this Forum gets us closer and there is no matter of Nationality...

I think in both Project there is one common ground: Humanity and freedom

PS.: if this Thread will be discussed in a bad way which may split Members too much, or makes more Members angry - please delete because this is surely not my intention.
PhiX
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 00:54:27 AM »

But the Idea that we are all equal, is a old model of thinking which i believe in  - so the project may make clear that People all around the world feel like the same, hope the same, worry about the same and so on.

Religions, Traditions, Cultures are differents from each others, therefore they are not equals. It's relativism gone mad to deny this fact.

A short example is Pardus:
All over the world we use Pardus, we communicate with each other , we got some same Problems, we spread Pardus, we work together, we hope that Pardus is getting better as it already is, Pardus and especially this Forum gets us closer and there is no matter of Nationality...

Pardus project is a turkish government project born out of the needs of national IT sovereignty. So it has something to do with nationalism. Of course, the choice of the Free Software development model implies that it also has an international dimension, but it is a side-effect.

PS.: if this Thread will be discussed in a bad way which may split Members too much, or makes more Members angry - please delete because this is surely not my intention.

The fact that we all promote Pardus Linux doesn't mean we shall think the same about all subjects. So it's not a problem to have different political views. Don't worry, I'm not angry, but I talk freely Wink
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 00:56:25 AM by PhiX » Logged

BenimAdımKırmızı
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 08:00:41 AM »

Religions, Traditions, Cultures are differents from each others, therefore they are not equals. It's relativism gone mad to deny this fact.

Sure thats right, i agree with that. But i hope that the Project will consider it or dont it?

Pardus project is a turkish government project born out of the needs of national IT sovereignty. So it has something to do with nationalism. Of course, the choice of the Free Software development model implies that it also has an international dimension, but it is a side-effect.

Ok, agree with that to - but it is a hughe side-effect Wink

The fact that we all promote Pardus Linux doesn't mean we shall think the same about all subjects. So it's not a problem to have different political views. Don't worry, I'm not angry, but I talk freely Wink

So we talk free and loud! Smiley

Just one word again.
It is one world - one future. And we are all sitting in the same boat, right.

The american way of life is not my way i guess. But all over the world there are these ideas of living together in peace so i take this project as a testemony of it. (and also Pardus).

So besides that nationality/americanway-thing i like this project to get also a look into what other peoble think about money, luck, religion and so on....

I am mostly not a fan of conspiracy-theories so that is said that all politicans are evil, wanted a Super-state like US and the rest of the american continent or EU to reign over all people and destroy or manipulate them much easier. But if i believe this i should say that Companies do that much more effective...

PhiX
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 11:30:44 AM »

Just one word again.
It is one world - one future. And we are all sitting in the same boat, right.

No, it's many different worlds and many different futures, because every country sees the world differently and because each of which has the right to live the way they want.

The american way of life is not my way i guess. But all over the world there are these ideas of living together in peace so i take this project as a testemony of it. (and also Pardus).

Peace cannot be an ideal because it doesn't say anything about the political regime. For example, would the world be a better place if we lived in peace in a world-wide dictatorship (The New World Order) ? I don't think so.

So besides that nationality/americanway-thing i like this project to get also a look into what other peoble think about money, luck, religion and so on....

I understand your point, but this kind of project will never replace traveling and meeting people in real life. Do you think these testimonies have been randomly collected ? Or have they been selected under specific criteria ?
I have not seen all of them, but I can guess they all promote the same ideology...

I am mostly not a fan of conspiracy-theories so that is said that all politicans are evil, wanted a Super-state like US and the rest of the american continent or EU to reign over all people and destroy or manipulate them much easier. But if i believe this i should say that Companies do that much more effective...

The superpowers banks and corporations enjoy today have been given by the political power ; it is not a fact of nature and it is completely reversible. What has been given can be retaken.

As far as conspiracies are concerned, they are not just theories, History is made of conspiracies ! It's part of human nature, like violence and war.

BenimAdımKırmızı
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 15:12:08 PM »

Its all very interesting you say and i hope to meet you in real life and for more discussions on the WF again.

I give up - so i am check mate Wink I may learn a lot from you - but i suppose this will be to much for this thread...
Maybe this thread should be moved to "Pub" to discuss more Conspiracy and Politics !

Yours sincerely
Heiko (Kırmızı)
PhiX
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 21:20:15 PM »

If you are interested, here is some reading about how to control population in democracies, by the master of propaganda, Edward Bernays : http://www.historyisaweapon.com/defcon1/bernprop.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0OrT-8gXMs

BenimAdımKırmızı
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2009, 09:37:53 AM »

thanks for that, i heard a few days ago from bernays. I a movie about GMO-feed...

But i just have to say - in the 6-billion-project you can rate testemonies if you are registered.
It seems to be democratic....

Thanks a lot again.
PhiX
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2009, 19:36:11 PM »

But i just have to say - in the 6-billion-project you can rate testemonies if you are registered.
It seems to be democratic....

It seems democratic, yes, but is it really ? You just have to ask who has control of the website : the users or the administrators ? If it's not the people or some of their elected representatives, then it is not democratic.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: