Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 22:58:06 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Software
| | |-+  Want to use 1 windows program
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Want to use 1 windows program  (Read 833 times)
frito
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: August 06, 2009, 02:07:10 AM »

I would like to use 1 windows program in pardus. What is the best/easiest way to do this? The program is not a game doesnt need anything fancy i dont think.

What do I do, I looked at the pardus wiki and there were instructions for qemu and vmware but they looked complex, what is the easiest way?
bubbel
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 05:56:57 AM »

I would like to use 1 windows program in pardus. What is the best/easiest way to do this?

Hello,

with Wine you can use Windows programs in Pardus or all other Linux Distris. Install the Wine-packages from the repo and then you can use Windows programs.  Wink

Greetings
bubbel
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 08:35:36 AM by bubbel » Logged
BenimAdımKırmızı
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 08:35:40 AM »

Code:
pisi it wine

then download your wished windows app and install it by double-clicking on it - if some libraries are needed which wine dont handle right now visit their forum
like: http://appdb.winehq.org/
PhiX
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 13:11:04 PM »

If Wine doesn't handle your windows program, consider installing Windows in Virtualbox, it is available in the repository and it is easy to use.

Team Pardus-fr - French Pardus tools translator
igor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 02:44:27 AM »

I would like to use 1 windows program in pardus. What is the best/easiest way to do this? The program is not a game doesnt need anything fancy i dont think.

What do I do, I looked at the pardus wiki and there were instructions for qemu and vmware but they looked complex, what is the easiest way?

Use Package Menager (PISI) search for WINE program, install it. After installing, search for Windows program .exe file and right click -> open with -> wine.. it will start to install like on windows.

mediaIN Team - Web Design & Development
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: