Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 10:45:02 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  The Pub
| | |-+  Lisa Marie
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lisa Marie  (Read 1272 times)
waf
« on: August 06, 2009, 22:32:00 PM »

-
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 19:07:10 PM by waf » Logged
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 00:54:04 AM »

Dear waf,

How kind you are! 

Remember how I ranted about opensuse and said I was getting rid of it.  I didn't as I got caught up in getting it to work, plus learning a bit what it was about, and playing with it.  Typical me, I tend to mess around more with operating systems that give me problems, then be happy with the ones that just work. I shake my head that I put up with it this long.  And no, I haven't upgraded to Pardus 2009 yet.  I want to.  I'm hating kernel .6.27 and can't wait to get rid of it (open suse).  I was looking around for something to fill its place that had KDE desktop.  Maybe I best not play the harlot and stick with my favourite: Pardus.

Thanks for asking about me, waf!

Warm regards, Lisa Marie
bubbel
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 13:02:49 PM »

Hello Lisa Marie,

nice to sea here again, after a long time. Wink

Greetings
bubbel
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 19:22:35 PM »

Hi bubbel,

It is good to see you, too!  Thanks for the greeting!

Well waf, I can now say I have Pardus 2009.  I decided to try a torrent download, something I've never done before to see if it would be quicker, and it was a bit quicker than regular wget download.  I'm testing the disk integrity right now and will let you know what I think later.  (I like the purple coloured welcome screen!)

Right now out of courtesy I am seeding what I have already downloaded, but with me being on dial-up. I'm not sure if it will be useful to anyone else out there wanting Pardus.  This torrent stuff is all new to me.  Roll Eyes

I'm just relieved to have gotten the download.

Lisa Marie
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 23:44:55 PM »

Yes, the cute kitty made me smile. 

I ran into a hardware problem just before installing Pardus 2009.  I was clicking on system info in version 2008.2 and the video output looked strange (faded) and I thought my video card was going out.  Then a bit later I was erasing my partition and didn't think much of the slight electrical burning smell, and left the room, came back and the computer was off.  Oh no!  I checked the computer, and two case fans weren't running.  So, I eventually checked the 4-pin connectors and it turned out to be a loose connection.  I thought I was going to have to replace them, but my husband told me to stick a nail down the metal tube that has a split down one side of the loose pin, which elongated the opening or flattened it a bit, and when I plugged it back together, it grabbed snuggly and which thankfully solved that problem.  But that put off my time to install Pardus 2009 and try it.  I must say, I am impressed!  The only thing is I am having that kernel update error where I lost my x-server log in screen.  I'm still uncertain how to fix it, as I never did install the third party nvidia driver, but am using the default driver that came with installation for my nvidia card.  I'll have to post this as a Help later as I'm a bit busy at the moment.  I'm also not getting any system sound, but that is for me to check out later, too.

Warm regards, Lisa Marie
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: