Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 14:02:49 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  Introduce yourself
| | |-+  Hello from Belgium
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hello from Belgium  (Read 966 times)
DarkEra

View Profile
« on: August 03, 2009, 22:46:26 PM »

Hello to all from Belgium!!!

I've been using various Linux distro's starting in 2008 with, you guess it, Ubuntu. After a while, when getting to know Linux a bit more, i started a bit of distrohopping, going from (K)Ubuntu to openSUSE, Mandriva, Fedora, Wolvix, Sabayon, Debian and Linux Mint.

One day i tried the 2008 version of Pardus last year when i bought a new laptop but somehow it wouldn't start up, can't remember what the problem was. Anyway, now a year later i saw on Distrowatch that the new Pardus had been released, so i thought let's give it another try and downloaded the international iso. Everything went very well and it was a piece of cake to install it. To my big surprise Pardus 2009 is the first distro that let my hardware work completely out of the box and even the KDE 4.2.4 environment works stable. This is something that all the other distro's failed in, or some hardware didn't work like my HDA soundcard or my wireless. Or i had too many problems with the KDE 4.2.4 environment.

Since the release of Pardus 2009 on July 18th this is my main OS and my only one. It's very stable imho, everything works as it should and it totally rocks. I've never been so happy about a Linux distro as with this one.

A big thank you to the developers and the community of Pardus who made this release possible. Keep up the great work.  Smiley
waf
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 10:34:25 AM »

Wellcome!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 10:47:11 AM by waf » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: