Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 18:23:20 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  Wish list
| | |-+  [solved] Simple webcam software (Pardus 2009)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: [solved] Simple webcam software (Pardus 2009)  (Read 1408 times)
caitlyn
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: August 27, 2009, 03:16:51 AM »

Unless I am missing something (which is very possible) there is no basic, simple webcam app for Pardus 2009.  I'd like to see something like wxcam, webkam, or cheese in the repository.  I know cheese has a lot of GNOME dependencies so it probably isn't a good choice for Pardus.  I actually don't care which app the developers favor so long as something appears in the repos  Grin

I'll probably file requests for both wxcam and webkam in Bugzilla and see what happens.  I was very happy to see the medit package I requested in the contrib repository so I know these requests do get filled eventually.  (Thanks to whichever developer built medit.)

My offer to build and contribute a few packages is still open, BTW.  Cheesy

« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 08:42:08 AM by Michiel » Logged
James T
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 17:05:24 PM »

wxcam and camstream are both in the contrib-devel repository. I'm not familiar enough with the workings of the system to know whether that means they'll move through to contrib at some point or if there's a need to request it.
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 19:44:54 PM »

This means they are working on the package and it will appear in the contrib repo (when finished).
You can test/make this package by yourself through the following command in a Konsole
and
when no errors occur, a pisi package will be build and you can install this package.
Otherwise you can try to solve the errors or wait till they have solved the problems .
caitlyn
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 06:31:30 AM »

One of the developers wrote me and sent me a link to the wxcam package that will be in contrib soon.  I've installed it and it is working perfectly.

Thank you!  Grin
bubbel
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 07:58:21 AM »

I've installed it and it is working perfectly.

Hello,

then please edit this Thread as [solved] in your first post. Wink

Thanks
bubbel
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 08:42:22 AM by Michiel » Logged
James T
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009, 21:47:45 PM »

One of the developers wrote me and sent me a link to the wxcam package that will be in contrib soon.  I've installed it and it is working perfectly.

Works for me as well, though it uses near to 100%  CPU, but then so did cheese on Ubuntu, so I'm guessing that its a limitation of the openchrome drivers.
caitlyn
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009, 00:41:34 AM »

I suspect you're right about OpenChrome.  I'm using a netbook with an Intel 945 GME chipset and it doesn't max out CPU usage.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: