Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 14:00:27 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Software
| | |-+  Adobe AIR
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Adobe AIR  (Read 1080 times)
Pepello
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: August 17, 2009, 23:51:41 PM »

I tried to install TwitterDeck, which installs via Adobe AIR, but the process died since the AIR file is "corrupted" (so says the dialog that appears). I googled a bit, but i didn't find anything usefull. Should i report it to Pardus developers or has someone any idea?
Michiel
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 09:00:16 AM »

If you want a Twitter client, not per se Twitterdeck (or do you mean Tweetdeck the names are a bit confusing?), you might consider installing one of these Twitter applications that are available in the Pardus contrib repositories:

Qwit: http://packages.pardus.org.tr/contrib-2009/qwit-0.9-4-1.pisi
Twitux: http://packages.pardus.org.tr/contrib-2009/twitux-0.69-4-3.pisi
Mitter: http://packages.pardus.org.tr/contrib-2009/mitter-0.4.5-3-3.pisi

Personally I tried some of these a while but as my PC or laptop concerns I favour just using the webinterface (use Twitter in your webbrowser).

On my brand new mobile I am still evaluating whether to use Twidroid, HTC Peep or something else, but these are specfic applications for Android mobile (cell)phones, not for desktop.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 09:12:13 AM by Michiel » Logged

Former Pardus user, now on OpenSUSE 12.2 (KDE)
Michiel
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 09:26:20 AM »

Update: I tried in my Pardus 2009 XFCE system, installation from the Tweetdeck website http://tweetdeck.com/beta/ appears to succeed without problems, only the initialising (prepraing installation) window takes minutes before a new window pops up asking mke if I really want to install this application and that it might have security risks and the vendor is unknown.
Since I do not know whether this can be UNinstalled I chose Cancel and did not go on installing this, because I do not need it.

From which site and on what type of Pardus system are your trying to install Tweetdeck?

Former Pardus user, now on OpenSUSE 12.2 (KDE)
Pepello
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 13:57:42 PM »

Hi Michiel, thanks for the answers. I'm trying to install tweetdeck from www.tweetdeck.com, and the installation goes well until the point you describe: if you chose "yes", however, it will say that the AIR installation has not succeded, thus you cannot install tweetdeck.
I'm actually using choqok as a twitter client Smiley
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 18:16:03 PM »

window pops up asking mke if I really want to install this application and that it might have security risks and the vendor is unknown.
Since I do not know whether this can be UNinstalled I chose Cancel and did not go on installing this, because I do not need it.

Hi,
I tried out the BBC iPlayer to listen to some of the radio broadcasts, and since I use dial-up, iPlayer  suggested I install iPlayer to be able to download the segment and listen to it that way.  I  found out I needed Adobe Air, and so I tried to download and install that via their internet installer.  I said " no" to the above as well.  If you proceed further  and say yes, it will ask for root password.  No way.  They're not getting my root password!
Lisa Marie
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: