Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 14:32:22 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Installing Pardus
| | |-+  Pardus 2009
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pardus 2009  (Read 1190 times)
windease

View Profile
« on: September 02, 2009, 10:26:48 AM »

Pardus installs easily and smoothly as expected but for some reason it does not make automatic connection to the network ports.   There is no problem with the network ports as they are recognized and enabled by Ububtu.  While trying to to set up the network ports I see messages about the Policy Kit. 

Has any one else seen this problem?   Right now I need help as the problem is somewhat limiting, and I can't access the internet or add other facilities to Pardus.

PhiX
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 10:30:46 AM »

What is the exact error message from Policy Kit ?

Team Pardus-fr - French Pardus tools translator
windease

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 11:08:10 AM »

Phix,
I have 2 ports one on motherboard and on on separate card.  Both are disconnected.  If I try connecting either port using Pardus network program I get a large pop up window.  Across the top of this window it says "System Policy prevents adding / editing connections - Policy Kit - KDE"   Lower down the windo it requires my passwd, having inserted passwd and ckicked OK noting useful happens and the window disappears.

Can I disable this policy kit?   Or must I make other changes to the system ?
trixon
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 15:54:23 PM »

Hi!
What if you start the manager with
Code:
xdg-su -u root -c network-manager

You will have to enter the password for root.
PhiX
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 18:23:13 PM »

I don't know wether Pardus can work without policy kit or not, since it manages every parameter configuration change in Pardus 2009.
There is a graphical manager in System Settings called PolicyKit Authorization (under the "Advanced" tab). Type "net" to display network-related rules and edit them.

Team Pardus-fr - French Pardus tools translator
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: