Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 18:29:03 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Installing Pardus
| | |-+  New installation of P2009 + ~123 updates = DBus error
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New installation of P2009 + ~123 updates = DBus error  (Read 2190 times)
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« on: September 06, 2009, 08:33:34 AM »

This bug report shows the problem.
For the moment I can't tell more  Sad
caitlyn
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 23:10:52 PM »

Your solution in comment #48 at http://bugs.pardus.org.tr/show_bug.cgi?id=11110#c48 works well for me  Grin
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 21:23:00 PM »

Your solution in comment #48 at ..........
This is not my solution, it's from Comment #29+#35 From Faik Uygur
And here is how you can apply his solution.
Open a Konsole and give the following three commands
Code:
wget http://cekirdek.pardus.org.tr/~faik/pisi/fix-zero-file-bug.py
Code:
chmod 755 fix-zero-file-bug.py
Code:
sudo python fix-zero-file-bug.py
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 09:28:43 AM by atolboo » Logged
dpeirce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 01:54:32 AM »

I've just installed Pardus 2009 in Virtualbox 2.2.4 in an Antix M-8.2 host. I was unable to complete my initial upgrade after a bunch of tries and several reinstalls, but Pisi is not among the packages listed for upgrade so I couldn't try updating it by itself. I downloaded the fix...py script and got these error messages when I ran it:
Code:
Searching for broken packages...
0 broken package found...
Re-installing broken packages...

After 4 cycles of start... stopped, restart... stopped, etc, Pisi refused to access the internet any longer.

Gee whizzz!!! Any fix in sight?

In faith, Dave
Viva Texas
dpeirce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 03:00:09 AM »

Looking around in y'alls documentation, it looks like Pisi is the ONLY package manager in Pardus. There's an old proverb about putting all your eggs in one basket :^).

Anyway, I decided to see if Pisi on the command line was any better than Pisi at the GUI.
Code:
# pisi update-repo
# pisi upgrade firefox

Well, that worked! Now I have Firefox 3.5.3. So:
Code:
# pisi update-repo
# pisi upgrade

Wow!!! It went through a LOT of packages which apparently had been cached, then downloaded a few, then went to installing. 124 out of 124 (it had been 135 before I upgraded firefox). Now the GUI Pisi shows no updates due and looks like it's ready to go.

So, until Pisi gets fixed, use the command line pisi for your updates according to the instructions HERE:
http://en.pardus-wiki.org/Pisi_CLI_Usage#Updating_Repositories

Wish I had done this before I made my last post!

In faith, Dave
Viva Texas

Take the Pepsi challenge -- choose Linux.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 03:23:15 AM by dpeirce » Logged
James T
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 05:15:32 AM »

Looking around in y'alls documentation, it looks like Pisi is the ONLY package manager in Pardus. There's an old proverb about putting all your eggs in one basket :^).

I think that fundamentally that's true of any distribution. While on the surface, Debian & Ubuntu have many: dpkg, apt-get, aptitude, synaptic, adept ... in reality, apt-get is a wrapper for dpkg and the others are wrappers for apt-get, and I think the situation is similar on the rpm side with apt-rpm and yum being wrappers for the low-level rpm.
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 11:03:05 AM »

So, until Pisi gets fixed, use the command line pisi for your updates according to the instructions HERE:
http://en.pardus-wiki.org/Pisi_CLI_Usage#Updating_Repositories
This is not a 100% fix for this problem.
The change for the occurrence of this bug are (highly) reduced  with the command
Code:
sudo pisi up -y
I found out about this during the many tests for Comment #45, Comment #51Comment #52 and Comment #60.
dpeirce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2009, 21:07:33 PM »

That possibly confirms my suspician, that it's a problem of something not being there when Pisi (GUI) gets there and wants it, _IF_ I understood that command: pisi up -y would mean 'Pisi, do an upgrade, answer all questions with 'yes".' ('up' is short for upgrade?)

So I reinstalled from the ISO into Virtualbox, and immediately did '# pisi ur', and then '#pisi up -yN' (some of the colors were awful hard to read, so I addad the N). It went through to conclusion just fine, no hangups. Then I rebooted, and my login screen was trashed, but that's a subject for a different post.

"Can't win!" :^)

In faith, Dave
Viva Texas
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2009, 21:43:54 PM »

......('up' is short for upgrade?)
Yes, for more info do a "pisi help" Wink
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile