Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2014, 02:12:56 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Installing Pardus
| | |-+  Pardus 2009
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pardus 2009  (Read 1320 times)
johnh3
« on: September 03, 2009, 22:47:12 PM »

I am not so very happy about Pardus 2009 so far. To much bugs, network troubles etc.. :'(
Especially if I compare it with the old Pardus 2008.2
Maybe they would have tested it more and relase it a month later?
So at the moment I am looking forward to the version 2009.1
Anyone here know when it will come?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 22:50:55 PM by johnh3 » Logged
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 05:16:44 AM »

I don't know John, but if I had to guess why there are some bugs that disappoint, then it is because the test pool wasn't large, like say, opensuse, ubuntu, or the other major linux distros.  I wish I had tested earlier this year as I have some funky hardware that most do not  (i.e. I avoid Creative audio at all costs ).   Plus, the implementation of KDE4 is going to go through some rough spots until the Pardus Team gets the hang of it, as well as KDE4 becoming pristine instead of half way there.  I have been using opensuse 11.1 for the past few months and only recently deleted it on partition, as I was not happy with it, ( KDE4 version).  But, I feel the Pardus Team is more committed and personal.  I think next year things will be more smooth, but this is how I felt last autumn upon reading about KDE4, that it will take a while for this transition.  I'm looking forward to the next Pardus version, too. 

Lisa Marie
Michiel
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 12:00:02 PM »

About Test Team formation for Pardus:

How can you be a Pardus Linux Distribution Test Team Member

scroll somewhat down this page:

http://developer.pardus.org.tr/people/semen/blog/?p=12

Former Pardus user, now on OpenSUSE 12.2 (KDE)
caitlyn
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 23:12:35 PM »

Except for the (now fixed) bug in pisi I've actually found Pardus 2009 to be very reliable and to have far fewer bugs than a typical Ubuntu release.  It also is the first distro where everything (and I do mean everything) worked out of the virtual box on my netbook.  I'm actually very pleased with this release.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: