Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 14:25:25 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  Tips and tricks
| | |-+  Messed up your Plasma widgets - try this
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Messed up your Plasma widgets - try this  (Read 2065 times)
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« on: September 06, 2009, 23:13:12 PM »

Hi,

I  was trying to figure out how to add applications to bottom panel.  I know how to add them to the Plasma Desktop Folder, but didn't know how to add them to the bottom panel and I started clicking away and the more I clicked the more I messed up my desktop as seen in first screenshot.  Tongue

To get back to fresh default panel:
logout,
at login click
Ctrl + Alt + F1 and enter user name and password and then at prompt:
rm ~/.kde4/share/config/plasma-desktop-appletsrc
it will confirm and ask "remove regular file /home/(you)/.kde4/share/config/plasma-desktop-appletsrc'?"
enter "yes" and click enter.
click Ctlrl + D to go back to log-in, then
click Ctrl + Alt + F7 to get back to graphical log-in. 
A default plasma-desktop-appletsrc file will be regenerated of original widget layout and wallpaper.
Your desktop should be back to original state as is shown in second screen shot.

To place application in panel, right click on Kickoff Launcher icon in far left and select menu editor.  Then choose application you want and drag and drop to panel.  Unless there is simpler way to do this, but this did it for me.
Cheers, Lisa Marie

Edited, as I forgot the "Ctrl + D" step.

* messed.jpg (18.28 KB, 388x310 - viewed 153 times.)

* fixed.jpg (13.49 KB, 388x310 - viewed 144 times.)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 23:30:16 PM by Lisa » Logged
waf
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 08:23:52 AM »

Lisa,

Unlock widgets, rightclick on the orange icon of Pardus, switch to kickoff menu style, rightclick on the icon of your desired application and Add to panel.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 19:00:54 PM by waf » Logged
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 16:25:06 PM »

Ah, yes, waf, that works.  And I was trying to do that (right click on application) but you can't with "classic menu style" as it has no contextual menu when you right click, and simply opens up the application.

Thanks so much waf, as that is another way to do it.  Smiley

(that first smiley emoticon never looks like it is truly smiling to me.  Maybe I need stronger glasses.   Wink  )
Warm regards, Lisa Marie

(thanks for the spectacled smiley, waf! )
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 17:42:38 PM by Lisa » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: