Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 08:13:48 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Pardus for beginners
| | |-+  Pisi broken! - doesn't resolve dependencies anymore?!?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pisi broken! - doesn't resolve dependencies anymore?!?  (Read 1687 times)
frisil
Pardus fellow craft

Linux rules!

View Profile
« on: September 03, 2009, 18:09:18 PM »

Hi,
I just wanted to upgrade my old Laptop (using Pardus 2008) to get Open Office 3 when something strange happened: When I select packages in package-manager the basket remains empty! Not even the packages I selected are there.

When I try "pisi up" in a root terminal, I get a system error that some packages do not match the dependencies with the kernel and pisi exits.

Any idea how I can fix this? I don't want to do a re-install!

The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. (Lovecraft)
waterfietser
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 18:22:59 PM »

what happens if you do a "pisi ur"
bubbel
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 18:34:23 PM »

Any idea how I can fix this?

Hello,

type pisi rebuild-db in console as root.

All options from pisi you find, if you type pisi help in console.

Greetings
bubbel
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 18:36:39 PM by bubbel » Logged
frisil
Pardus fellow craft

Linux rules!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 20:40:41 PM »

Thanks, but it didn't help.

I tried both update and rebuild database (which was rebuilt) but it didn't do any good, the problem still remains unsolved.

I think it's deeper in the system...

Any other ideas?

The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. (Lovecraft)
PhiX
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 21:10:40 PM »

What error message do you get when trying to install a package from command line (pisi it package) ?

Team Pardus-fr - French Pardus tools translator
Michiel
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009, 21:32:00 PM »

Could it be a memory shortage problem (old laptop), I have experienced somewhat similar problems when running out of free memory.
Try to free some space up, and see whether that helps

Former Pardus user, now on OpenSUSE 12.2 (KDE)
frisil
Pardus fellow craft

Linux rules!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2009, 21:59:47 PM »

Error I get with pisi it (package):

Systemfehler - Programm beendet.
Rückabhängigkeit linux-uvc von kernel kann nicht zufriedenstellend sein.

This is (bad) German for:

System Error - program terminated.
back-dependency linux-uvx of kernel cannot be satisfied.

Doesn't make much sense in German either - I guess pisi wants to force-update security patches but cannot, I'm sure it wants the new kernel, as I still got an older one (113) on the system.

About memory (I think you mean free drive space?):
It got about 600 MB left, shouldn't this be enough for pisi? I cannot free up more memory, because the system partition is rather small, personal data rests on a separate home partition.

PhiX
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2009, 23:22:10 PM »

Do :
Code:
sudo pisi clean
sudo pisi dc
sudo pisi it --reins linux-uvc

Team Pardus-fr - French Pardus tools translator
frisil
Pardus fellow craft

Linux rules!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2009, 00:07:14 AM »

Thanks, PhiX, but it didn't do any good. I tried to clean stale locks and caches before, now I did it again, and then I got this:

Code:
wildkatze01 tiger # pisi it --reins linux-uvc
Sicherheitsschalter: Die folgenden Pakete in system.base werden aktualisiert:libX11 piksemel sysvinit
baselayout-contrib baselayout freetype python pardus-python dbus comar-api net-tools mkinitramfs
kernel grub glibc-zoneinfo udev libgcc pisi glibc libpng libgcrypt openssh openssl glib2 tiff disktype mudur
cracklib hdparm kernel-headers ConsoleKit lcms sqlite libxml2 expat curl pam sysklogd wireless-tools
pciutils comar usbutils
System Fehler. Programm beendet.
Rückabhängigkeit linux-uvc von kernel kann nicht zufriedenstellend sein

translation of first line: security switch: the following packages will be upgraded: ...

I think linux-uvc is not exactly the problem, because I got the same error with pwc before. As I didn't need it, I removed the package, then I got the same error with linux-uvc. I guess pisi reports this error with any package (whichever comes first) that can be updated, as Pardus always forces security and kernel updates as dependencies to any package to make sure these are installed. Here, I think pisi doesn't resolve dependencies anymore, so it wants the new kernel and other security updates but does not resolve the dependencies (adding new kernel to the 'basket') and then reports the error because the dependencies are not being installed. As I said, in package-manager (graphical pisi) the basket always remains empty, no matter how many packages I mark for installation.

I'm clueless....
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 00:23:59 AM by frisil » Logged

bubbel
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2009, 08:32:58 AM »

I think linux-uvc is not exactly the problem, because I got the same error with pwc before.

Hello,

then you should write a Bug.  Wink

Greetings
bubbel
frisil
Pardus fellow craft

Linux rules!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2009, 09:51:53 AM »

then you should write a Bug.  Wink

I think a bug report will not be useful here, as this is not standard Pardus behavior, so nothing for the bug team to care about. None of the other Pardus machines I work with have this condition, it is something that happened to that Laptop - and I have no idea why!

But it's not a bug that could be reproduced...
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 09:57:29 AM by frisil » Logged

bubbel
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2009, 12:14:19 PM »

But it's not a bug that could be reproduced...

Then I would recommend for you, you entered into the following Mailinglist and describe there your problem: Wink

http://liste.pardus.org.tr/mailman/listinfo/pardus-users

Greetings
bubbel
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: