Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 18:31:24 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  General topics
| | |-+  [solved]use Rescue System 2009.1 install CD, gave input/output error
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: [solved]use Rescue System 2009.1 install CD, gave input/output error  (Read 1086 times)
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2009, 17:33:52 PM »

Hi all,

I wanted to test the Rescue System selection of Pardus 2009 for re-installing Grub boot menu.  Normally, in Pardus 2008, I would have inserted the install disk, and at welcome screen, clicked Ctrl + Alt + F1, and used console to enter grub... "probing devices to guess BIOS drivers.  This may take some time a long time". as can be found here: http://en.pardus-wiki.org/HOWTO:Restore_Grub

(Edited to add:  Unlike 2008.2 install CD, you can't use Ctrl+Alt+F1 to get to console when using the 2009 Install CD.  It only gives a faded, somewhat distorted graphical output.  )

Now there is a GUI entry to do this, and it is simple to use, but I got a strace (I think that was it) with an input/output error saying I should report the error to the Pardus Team.  I've never used strace, and did look at the man pages for it, but it is very in depth.  I'm trying to find this particular error.  I assume it was saved some where as a text file, but I don't know where to find it to submit it. 

Thanks for your time!
Lisa Marie
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 02:44:47 AM by Lisa » Logged
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 12:00:36 PM »

(Edited to add:  Unlike 2008.2 install CD, you can't use Ctrl+Alt+F1 to get to console when using the 2009 Install CD.
Ctrl+Alt+F1 works for me when I use a CD made from Pardus_2009_International.iso  Wink
I have noticed that sometimes it's sensitive to the used CD reader (spin-up time?)

.....but I got a strace (I think that was it) with an input/output error saying .......
I get this error too.  Sad
I get this error at restart (I can only use the reset button to restart)
But restoring Grub and etc. is working.
That's the main thing. (I didn't test this before)
I am planning on making a bug report for the "Unhandled exception occured!" error.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 16:10:31 PM by atolboo » Logged
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 15:57:10 PM »

Hi atolboo,

That's interesting about the optical reader.  I tried it (ctlr+alt+F1) more than once (restarted computer into install CD) to test, and each time I would get the faded graphical screen, no console.  I can still use Pardus 2008.2 though, if I want to restore grub via console. So no problem there.  And yes, using the 2009 Install CD Rescue System>Restore Grub interface worked at restoring grub, in spite of the error.  I was thinking of jotting the error down if it wasn't saved anywhere.  Thanks for doing a bug report on this!
Regards, Lisa Marie
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 10:41:51 AM »

I am planning on making a bug report for the "Unhandled exception occured!" error.
Here is the Bug report.
Maybe you can check if you get the same Backtrace and perhaps report in a Comment?
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 02:47:25 AM »

Today I tried Rescue System of Pardus 2009.2 Beta Installation disk to restore GRUB and this error no longer occurs and system reboots normally.   Cheesy  (Thanks Team Pardus!)
Regards, Lisa Marie
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: