Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 01:39:50 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  General topics
| | |-+  Pardus gear
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pardus gear  (Read 1428 times)
PeterLyberth

View Profile
« on: September 18, 2009, 22:58:51 PM »

Recently i wanted some Pardus shirts and or mugs and i thought it would be a simple matter, alas the only available shirts where some very ugly ones from the turkish community site.

So I got this crazy idea that I could set up a shop with Pardus related designs (Logos, kdelook and user submitted), so that users could get Pardus Gear and Pardus could get any surplus from the shop.
What do you think?

P.S. Above message was posted on the user list, but as this should be community project I wanted as many as possible to know about and share their opinions.
PhiX
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 23:10:01 PM »

I think you should find and ask permission to the owner of the Pardus trademark and artwork.

Team Pardus-fr - French Pardus tools translator
PeterLyberth

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 19:15:30 PM »

Seeing the non response from the community,I dont think that will be needed:-)
Michiel
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 21:53:25 PM »

Actually I just wanted to buy a Pardus tshirt, got quite fa at the turkish site, but did ot manage to roder anything because whilst in the e-shop Google Translate did not work for me.

Bubbel now tries to buy a polo for me from a friend in Turkey.

I guess there are more people who are willing to buy some Pardus "merchandise" to spread the word, certainly now Pardus slowly evolves to a growing enthusists communcity.

It is not a mission of themselves appranetly, but they could "invest" in some initiatives to offer merchandise abroad and to cross the language barreer from turkish tio english a bit mrore

but we are patient

Former Pardus user, now on OpenSUSE 12.2 (KDE)
Michiel
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 21:54:59 PM »

Seeing the non response from the community,I dont think that will be needed:-)

But the question/suggestion Phix psoted to you is and remains: have you asked them for permission, perhaps they have no problems with that at all and you just can start your good initiative!

So what stops you from enquiring at the official Pardus website (Conatct them) ?

It IS a great idea, do not let it float away....

PeterLyberth

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 23:09:24 PM »

I have not contacted them since i wanted to see what the community thought of the idea before i sat to many things in motion. I dont believe there will be any problems getting the permission to use the Pardus Logo, and ill email them first thing tomorrow morning.

P.S.
I dont hope my previous reply suggested that I was "insulted" over the lack of response. Thats not the case!:-)
Michiel
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 23:25:07 PM »

I forgot to mention that is is nice to see a picture of Bubbel and read about his interests.  We have a breakfast sausage brand sold at grocers called, Sauerland.  I buy it because it does not contain MSG.
Oh, I want a Pardus t-shirt!  I just don't know how to order one from Turkey.

Thanks for sharing your website, bubbel!
Regards, Lisa Marie

Grin

PeterLyberth

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2009, 22:01:15 PM »

Inquire sent.
Awaiting answer:-)
Willem
M.D.
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2009, 07:39:15 AM »

Sounds great, I also started a non profit shirtshop earlier, but when using these free (shirtcity) options, everybody complained about the high prices. So better make it cheap, if not free Smiley

For freedom...
PeterLyberth

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2009, 08:04:26 AM »

Im considering www.spreadshirt.net as their prises seems reasonable and they ship both in the US and Europe.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: