Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 09:04:57 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Bugs
| | |-+  [SOLVED] Pisi updates after installation stop working.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: [SOLVED] Pisi updates after installation stop working.  (Read 912 times)
johnh3
« on: September 27, 2009, 11:20:00 AM »

I have noticed that Pisi/package handler stop working if you try to install all of the around 180 updates at the moment after a new installation of Pardus 2009 on a PC.

The pisi icon dissaperar at the meny list to and are impossible to find again. Then you must do a new installation again to get it back.
To avoid it update only the Pisi package after the installation and do the rest later in two steps.
Then it works. But its not good, many new beginners will get this trouble and probably will change to another linux system.

Best would be if Pardus realese new files to burn with the updates direct on the CD. They could called it Pardus 2009.1
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 16:21:48 PM by Michiel » Logged
Michiel
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 11:27:17 AM »

Please use the search option of this forum. This particular bug / problem has been discussed extensively over the last couple of days.

Look in this thread and the thread posted below by bubbel and also follow the bugzilla link (comment #61 posted there).

Also instructions have been posted for a workaround.

Thank you
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 11:29:22 AM by Michiel » Logged

Former Pardus user, now on OpenSUSE 12.2 (KDE)
bubbel
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 11:27:40 AM »

Hello johnh3,

please have a look in this Thread and there you find also the solution. Wink

Greetings
bubbel
johnh3
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 11:43:25 AM »

I have solved the problem, install only the Pisi package and the rest later in two steps. Then it works fine.

But I thinking of new user of Pardus 2009. They probably will try to update/install all of the 180 updates at once and then Pisi krashes and dissapear from the meny list.
Why can not Pisi detect and install the packages in correct priority order itself?
I dont think a new user will read at Bugzilla reports before a  installation.

Must we wait to Pardus 2009.1 before it be fixed?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 11:47:55 AM by johnh3 » Logged
Michiel
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 13:26:21 PM »

I have solved the problem, install only the Pisi package and the rest later in two steps. Then it works fine.

But I thinking of new user of Pardus 2009. They probably will try to update/install all of the 180 updates at once and then Pisi krashes and dissapear from the meny list.
Why can not Pisi detect and install the packages in correct priority order itself?
I dont think a new user will read at Bugzilla reports before a  installation.

Must we wait to Pardus 2009.1 before it be fixed?

I totally agree with you that the Pardus developers should release a 2009.1 as soon as possible adressing this bug (with updated base packages already built-in in 2009.1 iso image).
New users of course are not aware of this update bug and do not know the workarounds mentioned here.

I completely share this point-of-view with you
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 16:22:09 PM by Michiel » Logged

Former Pardus user, now on OpenSUSE 12.2 (KDE)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: