Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 03:09:08 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Hardware
| | |-+  horrible Video settings
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: horrible Video settings  (Read 1124 times)
frito
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: October 04, 2009, 07:00:56 AM »

I was having issues with the new kernel so I decided to try installing Nvidia-current instead of Nvidia 173.

Now my video doesnt really work, it is stuck at some awful resolution and 8-12 bit colour, display manager doesnt detect anything.
Changing anything in display manager does nothing except i can change the module used.
Switching back to 173 doesnt help, nor does using neauvou drivers.

Help, I have to boot into windows until this is solved Sad... good old reliable windows Tongue
bubbel
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 07:33:57 AM »

I decided to try installing Nvidia-current instead of Nvidia 173.

Now my video doesnt really work, it is stuck at some awful resolution and 8-12 bit colour, display manager doesnt detect anything.

Hello,

have please a look in this Thread

Perhaps can help you. Wink

Greetings
bubbel
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 14:44:24 PM »

I was having issues with the new kernel so .......
Which video card are you using?
frito
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 16:12:29 PM »

I have a Nvidia 7600GT AGP. The Nvidia current drivers do work which i find odd because 173 was the last set of drivers to support AGP (I cant find it but I saw a release from Nvidia to that extent).

When I changed the display it would say i needed to restart X, which I assumed meant X.org which meant i just needed to log out... which was not correct.

However, I switched back to neauvou as my internet is super slow while using the nvidia current...very strange. Has anyone heard of this. I tested it a few times (many reboots) and across browsers. My internet is just faster with neauvou now :S
Like 100x faster.

Help?

On a side note, when I first restarted with nvidia current the graphics were horrible, then i went to configure the display and it crashed my computer, when it rebooted everything looked great...wierd.
This crash always happens when switch away from nvidia current or nvidia 173.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 16:32:58 PM by frito » Logged
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 17:44:28 PM »

I have a Nvidia 7600GT AGP.
have a look here.

In Package Manager I read for nvidia173
NVIDIA drivers for GeForce 5 series GPUs
and for nvidia-current
NVIDIA drivers for GeForce 6xxx and newer GPUs
So don't use nvidia173.
frito
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 18:23:46 PM »

OK point taken but that still doesnt solve this internet issue. It doesnt even make sense that nvidia drivers would affect my internet but it seems to be so... definitely verified

I checked with ubuntuforums and see this popping up a lot there too with no solutions. :S
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 18:36:26 PM by frito » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: