Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 11:01:52 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Software
| | |-+  Gnome-do and Cairo applications.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gnome-do and Cairo applications.  (Read 864 times)
kentuckylodge

View Profile
« on: October 01, 2009, 11:32:11 AM »

I did place this in the newbie section but despite quite a few looks no suggestions were offered.  Perhaps I might have better luck here.

Let me say that so far this is the best operating system I have ever used.  Believe me, I have tried a lot, mainly Linux but usually set tasks which I like to work out of the box.  This OS for me anyway, seems to satisfy most of my needs.

I have used pisi and upgraded and installed a lot of programs that I want to try but cannot get a few to work, even though they tell me in the package manager they are installed.  Namely, cairo and gnome-do. 

Could you please advise me as to what I have to do to have these programs work.
bubbel
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 13:44:04 PM »

Hello kentuckylodge,

for the program "cairo" please have a look here and for the program "gnome-do" look here  Wink

Greetings
bubbel
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 19:27:38 PM »

...... in the package manager ........... gnome-do. 
I can not find "gnome-do" in package manager.
Or do you mean "gnome-doc-utils"?  Huh?
kentuckylodge

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 04:44:29 AM »

Thanks.  I meant pisi install not the package manager in my first post.

I have gone to the two mentioned places and assume that I have to install each of these items using pisi or the package manager.  Is this correct?

If so, I have attempted to do so but some of these do not appear to be available for install.  Is there a link to the required process to have them install correctly.

Many thanks.  Have tried quite a few options but I guess not finding the correct way.
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 16:35:21 PM »

Package Manager is only a Graphical User Interface (GUI) that uses pisi to install software.
So if the (*.pisi) package is not in the software repository, it can not be installed through Package Manager nor pisi.
If that is the case the options are:
1. Request at package at here or here and wait for things to happen.
2. Try to build the software from source code.

And to built "gnome-do" from source code look here.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: