Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 01:01:27 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Software
| | |-+  Dropbox or equivalent
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dropbox or equivalent  (Read 2127 times)
EmyrB

View Profile
« on: October 21, 2009, 21:59:47 PM »

Hi All,

My daughter recently killed her USB thumb drive and lost all her school work. She uses Pardus 2009.0 and I was wondering if dropbox or a spideroak client in the Pardus repository? If not, can anybody recommend an equivalent that I can use with Pardus and say Windows. I hope so as I don't want to install her PC with Ubuntu.

Cheers

EmyrB
Michiel
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 22:10:34 PM »

There is a dropbox pisi, however that comes with Nautilus (GNOME file manager) as well. I read in a dutch blog that it is therefore preferable and quite easy to get it up and running form source.

http://fali.nl/wordpress/?p=499

1. Download the Dropbox Linux client from http://www.getdropbox.com/download?plat=lnx.x86 (x86_64 only for 64 bit)
   2. Unzip the tar.gz file (using e.g. Ark that comes with Pardus), you will get a .dropbox-dist folder. (Note it is hidden by default, notice the . before the folder name, so you should enable hidden files in the menu of Dolphin or whatever file manager you use to be able to see that folder!) Make sure to move this map to your /home/yourusername/ folder if it is not already present there
   3. Start in the Konsole
Code:
~ $ sudo .dropbox-dist/dropboxd
   4. Give your username password and follow the instructions.

I hope you succeed !

Former Pardus user, now on OpenSUSE 12.2 (KDE)
EmyrB

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 10:29:17 AM »

Thanks Michiel for that, when I get a spare couple of hours I will follow your instructions and let you know  Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: