Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 16:22:15 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Installing Pardus
| | |-+  Installation Fails
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Installation Fails  (Read 1734 times)
johnathan

View Profile
« on: October 07, 2009, 19:28:43 PM »

Hi
My installation works until the system files are being transferred then locks up. It is not always the same file that causes the problem.

The installation formats the partition and sets it to Pardus partition which can be seen from GParted

As the computer has been used to evaluate 12 previous distro's and still runs 4 I think its not the computer at fault.

Any suggestions please to where I have gone wrong

Regards

John
trixon
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 20:53:12 PM »

Hi John!

Did you verify your cd?
James T
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 21:03:15 PM »

The fact that it's not always in the same place would suggest it's not a "hard bad" CD. However it may be marginal, possibly combined with a marginal CD drive.

You could try verifying the CD as the previous poster suggested, but also try cleaning the CD drive (or if you have one trying a different CD drive). If you can't get it to work, try burning the CD at a lower speed -- for distro CDs I generally use 8 or 10x speed as anything written faster can give problems on some drives.
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 14:16:47 PM »

Did you verify your cd?
as shown here?
johnathan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 14:36:13 PM »

Hi John!

Did you verify your cd?
Yes but I will re burn the cd as other reply

Thanks John
johnathan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 22:23:16 PM »

The fact that it's not always in the same place would suggest it's not a "hard bad" CD. However it may be marginal, possibly combined with a marginal CD drive.

You could try verifying the CD as the previous poster suggested, but also try cleaning the CD drive (or if you have one trying a different CD drive). If you can't get it to work, try burning the CD at a lower speed -- for distro CDs I generally use 8 or 10x speed as anything written faster can give problems on some drives.
Hi
 I have  burned a new CD and verified it  also md5sum is correct .
Still no luck
I will leave it for now and try again when a new version is available.
Thanks to everyone who tried to help

Regards

John
Michiel
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 22:34:31 PM »

Hi
My installation works until the system files are being transferred then locks up. It is not always the same file that causes the problem.

The installation formats the partition and sets it to Pardus partition which can be seen from GParted

As the computer has been used to evaluate 12 previous distro's and still runs 4 I think its not the computer at fault.

Regards

John

It is a pity that you are not lucky.

Since you state that you have installed numerous other distro's I hardly dare to do a suggestion, but could it somehow have to do with available RAM or size of Swap partition you chose? Because you state that the installation locks up in the middle of file transferring?

And just for some basic sharing of your particular problem and setting: which partition model did you choose? I guess manual partitioning, and then with or without separate home-partition and with or without swap partition?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 22:37:23 PM by Michiel » Logged

Former Pardus user, now on OpenSUSE 12.2 (KDE)
johnathan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2009, 20:26:14 PM »

Hi

Regards

John

It is a pity that you are not lucky.

Since you state that you have installed numerous other distro's I hardly dare to do a suggestion, but could it somehow have to do with available RAM or size of Swap partition you chose? Because you state that the installation locks up in the middle of file transferring?

And just for some basic sharing of your particular problem and setting: which partition model did you choose? I guess manual partitioning, and then with or without separate home-partition and with or without swap partition?

Thanks for your reply

Yes I tried all the combinations  even with automatic and this failed.

Then I remembered something from 40 years ago  "when all else read the manual"

I pressed F5  and F1  and found   "No Local  APIC"  used manual partitioning everything installed OK , network and internet connectwith no problems.

It was probably that I had never had to use it for other distro's.

I do not mind installing again but I need the system to see that I have two CPU's otherwise its very slow.

Help if possible please

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: