Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 07:58:15 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Configuring Pardus
| | |-+  X won't start after latest updates. [solved]
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: X won't start after latest updates. [solved]  (Read 4792 times)
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2009, 17:47:40 PM »

Hi all,

I found this recent bug.  Demiray has the same iso default kernel that I have (2.6.30.1-123) and updated to kernel 2.5.30.5-126 and has some of the same message errors I have when using nouvea video module and failed x session, though Demiray is using more than one monitor. 
Faith mentions there is a test update coming soon.
 Hey, Demiray has the same Asus board I have as well.  Smiley

translated bug report

Hi frito,

I've only recently started submitting bug reports and am amazed at the help that is given.  I think being patient is the key and giving them error logs helps as the more clues given, the easier it is for them to solve. 

@hello all,

This morning, Faith added a note to the above bug I am experiencing, and I'm not certain as to what she is saying.  I have Pardus-2009-test included in my repos, and I have been checking the repost daily for anything concerning nouveau, but I never seen anything.  Should I be using terminal pisi to see the test packages, or do they show up in the Package Manager GUI?  She mentions there is to try it again.  I guess I could just ask her in English at that bug thread.
Thanks for any feedback.
Lisa Marie 
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2009, 22:34:21 PM »

I didn't want to bother her.  I'm sure she's busy getting ready for Cebit, or however it is spelt.    Smiley

So, checked out the http sight for Pardus 2009 test repositories as I never see anything from test in Package Manager or Pisi terminal after adding the test repo .  I noticed there are some items recently added as of 1 October, and some submitted today, so I got the latest kernel (upgraded from 2.6.30.5-126-21 to 2.6.30.8-127-23), and it said I needed libdrm 2.4.14-26-13 , so I got that, and that needed admin password to install, so did that.  Then I changed back to sudo and installed xorg-video-nouveau from test (upgraded from 0.0.10_20090528-7-11 to 0.0.10_20090929-9-12).  Time to try it out...hold your breath....
And I was happy to find that I was able to boot into this latest kernel, but I had to remove the "nouveau.modeset=1" that I manually added to kernel boot menu.lst, and no problems, except for a bit of messy graphics when the screen changes from the white progress bar that moves across, and when it gets to the black screen with the cursor, that is when the messy graphics appears across the screen, but only for a second, and it is better than before, when it would do this same messy graphics, but I'd also get another screen with black and white horizontal lines, so that is no longer appearing...and then it gets to log-in graphical screen with no problem.  I then installed from test, module-alsa-driver (upgraded from 1.0.21-50-? to 1.0.21_20090916-53-26) as it was needed with this newest kernel and now I have audio output. 

I'll have to share this at the bug page, too.

Oh, I noticed there are recent test submissions for many of the nvidia drivers as well. 

Lisa Marie
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2009, 00:20:43 AM »

Thanks, so I think there will be some improvements in the future...... Cheesy
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2009, 22:09:13 PM »

........kernel  2.6.30.8-127-23, and xorg-video-nouveau .......
and more have arrived at the repo's for an automatic update !   Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: