Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 14:42:30 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Pardus for beginners
| | |-+  How does Pardus set & broadcast its hostname?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How does Pardus set & broadcast its hostname?  (Read 689 times)
frisil
Pardus fellow craft

Linux rules!

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2009, 03:07:33 AM »

Hi,
from all distros I tried, Pradus is the only one to correctly broadcast its hostname into a local network. I can use nfs to access my Pardus machine simply from any computer in the network by pardusbox:/home and I do not need the IP. This is great!

However, I never managed to set the same thing up with any other distro, they do not seem to broadcast the hostname into the network, so other computers can only use the IP, which is problematic, because my router will change a machine's IP from time to time.

So my question is: How does Pardus do that??? Which programs are running to work this magic? I want to know, so I can replicate it with other distros on other computers.

The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. (Lovecraft)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: