Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 01:35:01 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  General topics
| | |-+  Pardus 2009.1 and KDE4.3
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pardus 2009.1 and KDE4.3  (Read 3611 times)
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2009, 17:28:09 PM »

Does kmenuedit work for you?
No problem with kmenuedit! Wink
And no problem with "entering text into the search field ...." Smiley
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 17:30:36 PM by atolboo » Logged
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2009, 17:33:20 PM »

No problems here.  Thanks though, as I did as you said and was able to change my menu style by adding the particular widget.  Now I just need to move it over to the left side of the screen, and change the orange cat back to my black cat.  Cheesy

I'd still  keep any bug report going concerning test KDE if you are having problems, which it sounds like you are.

No problems here using kmenuedit.  I wonder if you switched to classic traditional style used in KDE 3.5.10   or whatever the number, that you would still have problems?

Lisa Marie
andyb
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2009, 17:51:08 PM »

The plot thickens:

When I try to use kmenuedit launched from the terminal, I get a message about khotkeys. "kmenuedit(3712) KHotKeys::getMenuEntryShortcut:"

Yesterday, I installed a script from KDE-look called "Mousegestures for all browsers" (in order to be able to use gestures in Chrome) http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php/Mousegestures+for+all+Browsers?content=109576

This uses khotkeys.  I think my problems with the menu stem from this.  Sadly, I cant see a way to uninstall or deactivate them, as System Settings>Input actions also freezes!

Any ideas?
Andreas
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2009, 17:56:51 PM »

Any ideas?

Hello andyb,

try it with Systemsettings > System > History-Manager  Wink

Greetings
Andreas
andyb
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2009, 18:15:45 PM »

Andreas- you were right.  History manager removed the script (and Chrome) and all is now well.  All my fault  Roll Eyes

Thanks for all the help everyone.  I shall amend the bug-report

A
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: