Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 13:17:27 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Pardus for beginners
| | |-+  fixing corrupt packages?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: fixing corrupt packages?  (Read 591 times)
kalwisti
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: November 15, 2009, 05:53:48 AM »

Hi,

While attempting to solve a PiSi-related problem last night, I tried several suggestions which I saw here in the User Forum. One suggestion involved using the command # pisi check. When I ran that command (which took some time to finish), PiSi reported that I have 10 corrupt packages.

I have searched the forum but I could not find any mention of how to solve this situation. Is the correct solution to uninstall the corrupt packages and then immediately reinstall them?

The reason I'm asking is that 5 of the corrupt packages are components of TeX Live (yet TeX Live is currently working fine for me). If I uninstall these packages, won't they pull along other TeX Live dependencies with them?

TeX Live was a large download and I would like to avoid uninstalling / reinstalling it, if possible ...

Thanks for any advice you might have.

Registered Linux User # 442201

Pardus 2011.2 (KDE 4.6.5, kernel 2.6.37.6)

AMD Athlon II X2 240 (Regor) 2.8 GHz, 4 GB RAM, Seagate Barracuda 320 GB HD, Nvidia GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 integrated GPU, Samsung SH-S222L DVD-RW
trixon
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 06:56:13 AM »

Here is the answer I got:
http://liste.pardus.org.tr/pardus-users/2009-October/000580.html

There was a bug in pisi check and pisi build. Generated sha1sum of symlink
files in the package and calculated sha1sum of symlink files on the system
were different. These all seem to be false positives of this bug.

So there is nothing to do with no real problem. Next updates of these packages
probably will fix this issue.
kalwisti
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 07:12:45 AM »

Hi, trixon,

Thanks for your prompt reply and the quoted explanation. I'm relieved to hear that this is a non-problem. I will leave my "corrupt" packages alone, and wait to see what happens with the next round of updates.

With best wishes,
=david

Registered Linux User # 442201

Pardus 2011.2 (KDE 4.6.5, kernel 2.6.37.6)

AMD Athlon II X2 240 (Regor) 2.8 GHz, 4 GB RAM, Seagate Barracuda 320 GB HD, Nvidia GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 integrated GPU, Samsung SH-S222L DVD-RW
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: