Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 16:52:42 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Bugs
| | |-+  update mesa, libdrm, xorg.video.nouveau cause distorted graphics boot [solved]
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: update mesa, libdrm, xorg.video.nouveau cause distorted graphics boot [solved]  (Read 2189 times)
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« on: November 24, 2009, 16:00:38 PM »

Hi all,

I just reported the bug I have been experiencing ever since I did the initial updates a few months back.  I thought it had to do with the kernel updates, but I finally narrowed down what is causing my problem.   Updating Mesa or xorg.video.nouveau has dependency of libdrm.
In case anyone else  is having this problem, please add to the bug report as it will help give them clues, as in, maybe it has to do with the particular nVidia model card.

Cheers, LIsa Marie

Bug 11592

image of display http://www.keepandshare.com/userpics/c/6/t/8/_bl7mfnt/2009-12/sb/img_0526-49967613.jpg

P.S. Another problem is that I cannot get a console when I do ctrl+alt+F1 after I log into desktop.  The same messed up display shows instead.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 19:59:30 PM by Lisa » Logged
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 21:10:17 PM »

I guess you will become an expert!
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 17:41:22 PM »

Hi all,

I still experienced this bug when I installed Pardus 2009.2 beta (the messy horizontal graphics screen just after the progress bar nearly finishes and then changes to screen with blinking cursor) and then after each time I booted into Pardus.  The combination of mesa, libdrm, and xorg.nouveau,video that worked for my particular hardware were the versions on the original 2009.1 installation disk - none of the versions worked for me.  Pardus 2009.2 is using the updated versions in PiSi.

So,  I figured since I'm using the Beta version, that I would try again installing the nVidia current drivers and this time it was successful  (in the past, I tried more than once to install this and failed each time, so I gave up). 

The nVidia current driver does a clean boot and log in without the messy graphics.   I will give the nouveau, libdrm, and mesa drivers another try when they have been updated again, as I would still like to use the non-proprietary drivers and test their progression. 
Lisa Marie
Andreas
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 17:53:36 PM »

I will give the nouveau, libdrm, and mesa drivers another try when they have been updated again, as I would still like to use the non-proprietary drivers and test their progression. 

Hi Lisa,

after 6 month you can asked again in your submitted Bug-Report according to the state of things.  Wink

Greetings
Andreas
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 17:33:28 PM »

Oh, thanks, Andreas!  This is good to know.
And yes, I am now experiencing the 3D desktop effects now that I am using nVidia driver. 
Regards, LIsa Marie
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 20:46:13 PM »

Hi all,
I received an update from Faith Fatih on this bug, and was asked if I could possibly try out one of the nightly builds for Pardus 2011, but being on dial up makes this a problem, even more so as I had an AT&T landline technician come out recently, and I  mentioned the lower internet speeds to him, (which, by the way, he replied, "Hey, that's pretty fast for dialup!"  I thought to myself, "Wrong answer."  Anyway, he did something and made the connection even slower.  A technician won't be out again for another week to see if they can repair his repair.  So, if it isn't any bother, I'd like to ask if anyone in the USA can post me a copy of one of the recent nightly builds?  If not, that's fine, as I kind of think this bug is kernel-specific, though I don't know what kernel version 2011 is using.  I can wait for the final version to come out. 
Anyway, just thought I'd ask.  I can barter some Oolong tea or a tin of organic Earl Grey, (edited this part, in case it isn't in good taste or not to get forum administrator in trouble Wink  ) or pay for the disk.  I just wanted to ask as I've been itching to test out this latest Pardus version.
Regards, LIsa Marie
Edited
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 01:46:15 AM by Lisa » Logged
BellaPup
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 22:55:09 PM »

Hello Lisa,

I'd be happy to send you a dvd, pleas PM me with what you need (32/64bit, live/install) and I'll get you one off in the mail.

Hunter
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2010, 01:47:29 AM »

Thanks Hunter!  I'll pm you.
Regards, Lisa Marie
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2010, 19:11:35 PM »

Thanks to BellaPup, I received the Pardus 2011 alpha nightly build for 64 bits, and can say that I did not get the messy graphics during boot up of this install disk.  I will wait until later to list this as solved, as I wasn't able to actually  install Pardus 2011. 
Lisa Marie
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2010, 20:01:04 PM »

I managed to get the nightly build to install and this bug is resolved.  Thanks, Team Pardus!
Lisa Marie
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: