Cantor is an application that lets you use your favorite mathematical applications from within a nice KDE-integrated Worksheet Interface. It offers assistant dialogs for common tasks and allows you to share your worksheets with others.
Four backends are curently available: Sage, Maxima, R and KAlgebra.
Cantor's main features are:
* Nice Worksheet view for evaluating expressions
* View of plotting results inside the worksheet or in a separate window
* Easy plugin based structure to add different Backends
* GetHotNewStuff integration to upload/download example worksheets
* Typesetting of mathematical formulas using LaTeX
* Backend aware syntax highlighting
* Plugin based assistant dialogs for common tasks (like integrating a function or entering a matrix)http://www.sagemath.org/
See also Rocs: http://edu.kde.org/rocs/