Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 04:47:32 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Pardus for beginners
| | |-+  calisan live cd. Pardus 2009.1 RC
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: calisan live cd. Pardus 2009.1 RC  (Read 1203 times)
jan37
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2010, 16:40:01 PM »

It gets as far as "automatic log in" then "Pardus#"
then a black screen
Same happens with both english and Turkish version.
I tried clicking enter with no effect
I have the install cd but am scared
I had 2 computers but one just died. My back up one has Ubuntu (on a 160 gig hard drive. using only 40 gig partition)
I have seen, on many forums, posts complaining that attempting to do a "dual" install wipes out the previous OS (and especially if the first OS is a linux one)
I have also seen, recently, a number of posts saying that they don't understand "Grub2"
Is there a FAILSAFE way of installing a second (or greater) OS ?(hopefully with Pardus but any OS that can do it would be great)
Thanks
PhiX
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 17:21:36 PM »

Could you report this bug to bugs.pardus.org.tr please ?

Team Pardus-fr - French Pardus tools translator
henrikh3
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 17:34:11 PM »

Are you sure to burning process was correct? If you not burn the ISO files at lowest speed its easy to get it wrong.
Even at lowest speed I had problem sometimes to burn it correct.
But I think best is to wait to 15 february to get Pardus 2009.1

I can recommend this page to buy Pardus cd, good quality and cheap to:

http://www.linuxcd.org/view_distro.php?lst=&id_cate=22&id_distro=343
kondorv
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 18:15:00 PM »

The installer should offer a manual partition configuration scheme.  If you use the typical config - / and /home and tell it to use the already present swap it should do fine. It won't overwrite the Ubuntu partitions unless you tell it to.

If you have Ubuntu latest, it uses GRUBII, which GRUB in Pardus may not pick up (sometimes it does). Just add the Ubuntu partiton to GRUB later or use the Live CD for Ubuntu to reinstall GRUBII with a line in the config for Pardus.

You can read up here - http://members.iinet.net/~herman546/index.html  - although I don't agree with Herman about "great" for GRUBII. Beta software should have no place in a  final release.

Just plan ahead your partition scheme, take the install slow and don't panic. Pardus willl boot at least from GRUB, and then you can make adjustments.
jan37
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 22:08:06 PM »

Many thanks to you all

the problem is my computer

I took the cd to a friend who uses Windows 7 and it would not load on his computer.
So I asked him to download the live cd and burn a cd for me.
He did and it ran perfectly on his machine, but when I tried it on mine I got the same black screen as before.
So now I have to do some internal checks.
Thanks
(My friend was confused by the instruction on how to chose "English" as it looked to him that the the english box was already highlighted. It seems that the instructions refer to the actual text that should be looked at, rather than the background. I made the same mistake)
James T
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 00:19:38 AM »

the problem is my computer

I took the cd to a friend who uses Windows 7 and it would not load on his computer.
So I asked him to download the live cd and burn a cd for me.
He did and it ran perfectly on his machine, but when I tried it on mine I got the same black screen as before.
So now I have to do some internal checks.

This sounds very similar to the problem discussed in a number of the comments on this thread:
http://worldforum.pardus-linux.nl/index.php?topic=3129.0. You might want to compare your hardware with those comments.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: