Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 12:26:15 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  Introduce yourself
| | |-+  Hello from Bucharest, Romania
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hello from Bucharest, Romania  (Read 2254 times)
ckristi

View Profile WWW
« on: January 20, 2010, 14:11:03 PM »

Hey, there.

I'm Cristi and I am a user of Pardus Linux for more than a year now. As I said in $Subject I'm from Romania and I'd like to contribute to this community in my spare time.

Nice meeting you all!

I have an open mind, do you?
http://www.druid.ro
Michiel
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 14:19:53 PM »

Welcome one more international Pardus user !

Nice that you have joined this wordlforum!

Former Pardus user, now on OpenSUSE 12.2 (KDE)
ckristi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 14:24:38 PM »

Thank you!

kalwisti
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 16:16:06 PM »

Buna ziua, Cristi,

Welcome to Pardus and the Pardus Worldforum! I hope you'll enjoy the forum; it isn't as big or busy as some, but we have friendly, knowledgeable people here who are willing to help.

You've been using Pardus longer than I have. I installed Pardus on a spare partition of my second hard drive about 3 months ago, and it is becoming my favorite distro. (I also use PCLinuxOS and Ubuntu Hardy Heron). Each distro has its strengths, but I especially admire the Turkish government's commitment to Linux / Open Source and the fact that they created Pardus from scratch. I think Pardus is easy to use and would be a good choice for any newcomer to Linux; I hope its popularity will grow and spread more widely outside of Turkey.

Have fun here and I'll look forward to seeing your posts.
=david

Registered Linux User # 442201

Pardus 2011.2 (KDE 4.6.5, kernel 2.6.37.6)

AMD Athlon II X2 240 (Regor) 2.8 GHz, 4 GB RAM, Seagate Barracuda 320 GB HD, Nvidia GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 integrated GPU, Samsung SH-S222L DVD-RW
Andreas
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 16:26:05 PM »

Hello ckristi,

from me welcome too.  Smiley

Greetings
Andreas
ckristi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 16:49:55 PM »

@kalwisti: Thanks for the Romanian greeting and your welcome, it was nice to see Romanian spoken around this forum.
I'm also liking the commitment of the developers to this distro and I think Pardus has a great future. It just has to make himself a little more visible. I tried to contribute to this scope by writing an install overview (in Romanian) on my site just to let other Romanian fellows know how easy it is to install it. Maybe I'll take some time to translate it in English, too...

@Andreas: Hello again, I guess we met on the bugs topic, thank you, too, for your welcome!

kalwisti
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 22:36:53 PM »

Hi, Cristi,

You're flattering me unnecessarily because I don't speak Romanian; I only typed two words, so that doesn't count.  Smiley I have tried some self-study with Romanian a couple of times (with the Teach Yourself series and with a book in Routledge's Colloquial series) but was a lazy student and didn't make much progress. I still think that limba romana is fascinating, though. I've heard it spoken some; its rhythm and "music" remind me of Italian. I have a background in the Romance languages, so I can recognize a fair number of Latin-derived words but the borrowings from the Slavic family and elsewhere are completely mysterious to me. (I enjoy dabbling with foreign languages as a hobby).

I looked at the link to your blog and your review of Pardus seems very thorough -- with plenty of screenshots. I couldn't understand much of the comments you received, though.

=david

Registered Linux User # 442201

Pardus 2011.2 (KDE 4.6.5, kernel 2.6.37.6)

AMD Athlon II X2 240 (Regor) 2.8 GHz, 4 GB RAM, Seagate Barracuda 320 GB HD, Nvidia GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 integrated GPU, Samsung SH-S222L DVD-RW
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2010, 04:27:08 AM »

It is nice meeting you, Ckristi!  It is very nice to have you here and that you are enjoying Pardus. 

Don't be a stranger here and visit often!

Regards, Lisa Marie
ckristi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2010, 22:50:26 PM »

Thanks, Lisa.. I'll try to follow your advice.
 Wink

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: