Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2014, 02:24:31 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Pardus for beginners
| | |-+  cd/dvd burner? k3b for kde4?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: cd/dvd burner? k3b for kde4?  (Read 732 times)
jan37
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2010, 03:39:04 AM »

I cannot seem to find any cd /dvd burner listed in the apps of the 2009.1 live cd.
thanks
kalwisti
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 07:06:04 AM »

Hi again, jan37,

I can double-check, but I don't think that K3b comes as part of the Live CD. (If it were included, I don't know for sure that you could use K3b from the Live CD to burn an .iso file, even if you had a second CD-RW drive in your computer).

K3b comes as one of the default apps when you install Pardus to your hard drive. I currently have K3b ver. 1.69.0.

If you're using Windows and need to burn an .iso of the 2009.1 Install CD, you can use a program such as Nero or EasyCD Creator to do that. If you need a free Windows app to burn ISOs, I've seen CDBurnerXP mentioned:

http://cdburnerxp.se/

I'm sorry I can't verify this firsthand, but we don't have any Windows OSes at home. Hopefully someone here who dual-boots with Windows can help you if necessary ...

Registered Linux User # 442201

Pardus 2011.2 (KDE 4.6.5, kernel 2.6.37.6)

AMD Athlon II X2 240 (Regor) 2.8 GHz, 4 GB RAM, Seagate Barracuda 320 GB HD, Nvidia GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 integrated GPU, Samsung SH-S222L DVD-RW
Andreas
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 07:52:56 AM »

but I don't think that K3b comes as part of the Live CD.

Hello,

so it is.  Wink

Greetings
Andreas
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 13:20:33 PM »

If you're using Windows and need to burn an .iso of the 2009.1 Install CD, you can use a program such as Nero or EasyCD Creator to do that. If you need a free Windows app to burn ISOs, I've seen CDBurnerXP mentioned:
Or have a look in this Wiki page. Wink
jan37
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 17:13:19 PM »

kalwisti
Many thanks
As long as k3b is in the install cd  I am happy.
I am using Ubuntu 9.10. I have only started to use Ubuntu in the last few weeks.
This comp. was my backup and was rarely used. I was using kde for a couple of years until the comp that it was on died.
Both are (were ) old.
This one will, about once a day, suddenly drop the app (usually FF) and revert back to the desktop.
I ran "memtest" on the ram (2 sticks of 512 each) for more than 8 hours (overnight) with no errors found.
A new comp is planned for later this summer.
Thanks
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: