Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 10:36:10 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Pardus for beginners
| | |-+  New with questions
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New with questions  (Read 3688 times)
ForeverLinuxUser
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2010, 10:19:54 AM »

Danke Andreas. "Wir haben vor, Pardus 2011 gegen Ende 2010 zu veröffentlichen." That works for me.
Andreas
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2010, 11:08:19 AM »

Danke Andreas.

No problem. Gerne geschehen. Smiley

Greetings
Andreas
ForeverLinuxUser
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2010, 04:51:28 AM »

Ok, I got Pardus 2009.1 installed and the install was really easy and free of problems. But now I have a problem. Pulseaudio isn't working and I can't fine PiSi in the menus.  Thanks for any help.
Andreas
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2010, 04:56:39 AM »

Pulseaudio isn't working and I can't fine PiSi in the menus.  

Hello,

you find it in the KDE-Menu under Multimedia  Wink

Greetings
Andreas
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 06:29:22 AM by Andreas » Logged
kalwisti
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2010, 05:44:41 AM »

Hi, ForeverLinuxUser,

Just in case we misunderstood your question (since it can be interpreted in two different ways), I'd like to offer a clarification:

If you want to change your PulseAudio settings, you'll find it under Applications > Multimedia > Sound Server Preferences.

(I think this is what Andreas meant with his answer).

If you're looking for the GUI version of PiSi, you'll find it under Applications > System > Package Manager.

That was easy enough that even I could answer it.  Smiley  HTH,
=david

Registered Linux User # 442201

Pardus 2011.2 (KDE 4.6.5, kernel 2.6.37.6)

AMD Athlon II X2 240 (Regor) 2.8 GHz, 4 GB RAM, Seagate Barracuda 320 GB HD, Nvidia GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 integrated GPU, Samsung SH-S222L DVD-RW
Andreas
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2010, 06:29:55 AM »

(I think this is what Andreas meant with his answer).

So it is. Wink
ForeverLinuxUser
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2010, 07:12:30 AM »

Thanks for the help kalwisti and Andreas. Ok, I found Pulseaudo and changed some settings but it's still not working.

I found PiSi under the name Package Manager. I'll have to add the other repos I've seen in the Forum here.

Is it possible to install ALSA? I need to use Audacity for editing sound files and I don't think it's compatible with Pluseaudio yet. I'll have to finish reading the wiki about all the stuff in Pardus. Thanks for any help.
Michiel
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2010, 09:20:02 AM »

Audacity just works by default with a default pulseaudio Pardus installation that includes, just install it and give it a testdrive ;-)

for some applications like Ardour or IDJC you need JACK, you can install Jack Audio Connection Kit from the pisi repositories if necessary (will be installed automatically I guess when you try to install e.g. IDJC, because it's a dependency)

Former Pardus user, now on OpenSUSE 12.2 (KDE)
Michiel
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2010, 09:22:31 AM »

Please also install these packages if they are not yet present following your installation to make sound working:

In order to make room for the language packages on the international cd, some packages were removed. You can install them with:

Code:
sudo pisi it amarok aria2 c-ares ctags iptraf kdeaccessibility konversation krename liblastfm libmtp loudmouth mc mpeg4ip openoffice-extension-presentation-minimizer openoffice-extension-presenter-screen openoffice-extension-report-builder openoffice-extension-wiki-publisher qtscriptgenerator taglib-extras vim

as mentioned here
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 09:24:24 AM by Michiel » Logged

Former Pardus user, now on OpenSUSE 12.2 (KDE)
ForeverLinuxUser
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2010, 18:25:24 PM »

Thanks for the help Michiel. I tryed running those commands and this is what I got:

genius@genius-pardus Documents $ sudo pisi it amarok aria2 c-ares ctags iptraf kdeaccessibility konversation krename liblastfm libmtp loudmouth mc mpeg4ip openoffice-extension-presentation-minimizer openoffice-extension-presenter-screen openoffice-extension-report-builder openoffice-extension-wiki-publisher qtscriptgenerator taglib-extras vim

We trust you have received the usual lecture from the local System
Administrator. It usually boils down to these three things:

#1) Respect the privacy of others.
    #2) Think before you type.
    #3) With great power comes great responsibility.

Password:
Sorry, try again.
Password:
genius is not in the sudoers file.  This incident will be reported.
genius@genius-pardus Documents $

What do I do now?
Andreas
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2010, 18:50:30 PM »

genius@genius-pardus Documents $ sudo pisi it amarok aria2 c-ares ctags iptraf kdeaccessibility konversation krename liblastfm libmtp loudmouth mc mpeg4ip openoffice-extension-presentation-minimizer openoffice-extension-presenter-screen openoffice-extension-report-builder openoffice-extension-wiki-publisher qtscriptgenerator taglib-extras vim

What do I do now?

The command, which Michiel wrote ist this one:

Code:
sudo pisi it amarok aria2 c-ares ctags iptraf kdeaccessibility konversation krename liblastfm libmtp loudmouth mc mpeg4ip openoffice-extension-presentation-minimizer openoffice-extension-presenter-screen openoffice-extension-report-builder openoffice-extension-wiki-publisher qtscriptgenerator taglib-extras vim

This is wrong by you:  
Code:
Documents $ sudo pisi it

Greetings
Andreas

« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 18:56:33 PM by Andreas » Logged
trixon
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2010, 20:10:40 PM »

What do I do now?

You will have to add that user to the sudoers file, until then
Code:
su
Code:
pisi it ...
kalwisti
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2010, 20:58:10 PM »

Hi, ForeverLinuxUser,

This is just a thought ... Based on the output you posted from your Terminal, I'm wondering if maybe you mistyped your username's password (remember that the Terminal / Konsole is very picky about spelling, case-sensitivity and spacing) or mistakenly tried to enter the root (/) account's password. When you use sudo, the system prompts you to enter your username's password, not the password of the root (/) account. It's easy to make a typo (since the Terminal doesn't echo back your password), so you might try again -- slowly and carefully.

I think what Andreas meant when he said that 
Code:
Documents $ sudo pisi it

is wrong, is that sudo would not work from within your /Documents directory -- which is where you were when you issued the command. I suppose that it is better to be in your /home directory when you type a sudo command. However, as a test I just installed the Bluefish editor using sudo from within my Documents directory, and it worked fine.

Regarding what trixon wrote, it made me curious enough to look at the sudoers file (which is located in /etc/sudoers). I opened it as a root user with Emacs and will post some of the file's contents below. I don't completely understand it, but it appears to me that perhaps all users on the system are included [??]. Hopefully someone can clarify this for us; I don't remember having to do anything special to include myself in the sudoers file when I first installed Pardus ...

Code:
# sudoers file.
#
# This file MUST be edited with the 'visudo' command as root.
#
# See the sudoers man page for the details on how to write a sudoers file.

[ . . . text omitted . . .]

# User privilege specification
root ALL=(ALL) ALL

# Uncomment to allow people in group wheel to run all commands
%wheel ALL=(ALL) ALL

# Same thing without a password
#%wheel ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL

Hope this helps. And by the way, is something weird going on with the Forum display today? The text display bleeds about 3 miles into the right-hand margin of the window. It's annoying!  Angry  Did I do something wrong, or is it like this for everyone? (Plus it's not having this problem with displaying other websites).

Registered Linux User # 442201

Pardus 2011.2 (KDE 4.6.5, kernel 2.6.37.6)

AMD Athlon II X2 240 (Regor) 2.8 GHz, 4 GB RAM, Seagate Barracuda 320 GB HD, Nvidia GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 integrated GPU, Samsung SH-S222L DVD-RW
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2010, 21:36:16 PM »

....... is that sudo would not work from within your /Documents directory --
No this isn't true. You can issue the sudo command from any directory.
Of course the /etc/sudoers must have the appropriate contents.

... I opened it as a root user with Emacs
There is a much easier way to do this.
Check in Package Manager if "kde-servicemenu-rootactions" has been installed (should be installed by default).
Go in Dolphin to the directory /etc and right-click on sudoers > Root action > Open as text. That's all. Cheesy

And now regarding the contents of /etc/sudoers file.
All lines starting with # are regarded as comment and have no influence.
And I will add as attachment my sudoers file (as reference).

* sudoers.txt (1.43 KB - downloaded 39 times.)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 09:40:00 AM by atolboo » Logged
Pjotr
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2010, 21:43:42 PM »

And by the way, is something weird going on with the Forum display today? The text display bleeds about 3 miles into the right-hand margin of the window. It's annoying!

You're not the only one.

Maybe you need a bigger screen....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: