Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 01:18:54 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Software
| | |-+  Amazon MP3 Downloads
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Amazon MP3 Downloads  (Read 2591 times)
Andreas
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2010, 16:35:02 PM »

Hello brirus,

did you install all gstreamer-plugins (look 1. screenshot)  Wink

By me Sonbird starts and works fine. (look 2. screenshot)  Smiley

Greetings
Andreas

* Gstreamer.png (184.07 KB, 1440x900 - viewed 53 times.)

* Songbird.png (118.71 KB, 1001x720 - viewed 45 times.)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 16:39:03 PM by Andreas » Logged
brirus

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2010, 19:55:41 PM »

Hi Andreas. It looks to me like I got everything. All the gstreamer plugins are listed in "installed packages". I can't imagine what else could be the problem. Any ideas?

* packman.png (105.13 KB, 1039x744 - viewed 48 times.)
Nergård
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2010, 20:05:46 PM »

Did you copy the text below and put it  in the konsole/terminal?
sudo pisi ar pc-hilfe http://pchilfe-juergens.de/PISI-Pakete/pardus-2009/pisi-index.xml.bz2

It includes Google Chrome, Google Earth, Songbird and other programs.

Or you try to download and install the program from Songbirds homepage?

A guide how to use the Konsole/Terminal is here:
http://konsole.kde.org/

I did it thrue the terminal first. Then I update the Pisi/programhandler and installed Songbird from there in second step.
It works fine to me.

When I was new to Linux myself I often tryed to install programs like in XP or Vista by the homepages. But Linux works different.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 20:23:13 PM by Nergård » Logged
brirus

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2010, 20:22:45 PM »

Thanks for the help. Here's where things are right now. I uninstalled songbird, added the repository as suggested, rebooted (just in case Wink and reinstalled songbird through the package manager. For some reason I'm still getting the same errors and songbird doesn't want to start. I'm still working on this though...
Andreas
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2010, 15:45:20 PM »

Any ideas?
Hello brirus,

perhaps it could help, if you reinstall gstreamer and all gstreamer-plugins.  Wink

The command for this is in console as root:

pisi it --reinstall package-name

Greetings
Andreas
brirus

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2010, 16:32:13 PM »

Hi all, Still working on this but I've been away for a couple days. Andreas, is there a wildcard command that would allow me to reinstall all the gstreamer plugins with a single command? For example...

Code:
pisi it --reinstall gst-*

Would that get it all? Thanks again.
Andreas
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2010, 17:17:07 PM »

is there a wildcard command that would allow me to reinstall all the gstreamer plugins with a single command? F

Hello brirus,

you must do it so in console as root:

pisi it --reinstall gst-plugins-farsight gst-ffmpeg gst-plugins-bad gst-plugins-base gst-plugins-good gst-plugins-ugly gst-python

Greetings
Andreas
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 17:23:57 PM by Andreas » Logged
brirus

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2010, 17:18:59 PM »

Great. I've already begun the process. Thanks again for the help. We'll see where we end up.
brirus

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2010, 17:32:01 PM »

Well, I reinstalled gstreamer and all plugins and songbird still with no luck. It may be that my next step is to reinstall Pardus and see how that goes. I would like to get this figured out since it looks like we'll be staying with Pardus. My family really seems to like it. This Songbird issue isn't a show-stopper either. I just don't like having a problem I can't work through on my system.

Any other suggestions or ideas would really be appreciated. And I appreciate all the help so far. You guys are great.
brirus

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2010, 03:33:39 AM »

This is getting more confusing... I just installed Pardus on an office computer and had no problem with Songbird. So, it seems I've done something that's created a problem or conflict on my home system. I may just reinstall Pardus and see if that takes care of the situation. Thanks for all your help everyone.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: