Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 09:16:46 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Software
| | |-+  Installing Blender 2.48a in Pardus
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Installing Blender 2.48a in Pardus  (Read 757 times)
ForeverLinuxUser
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: February 01, 2010, 10:02:34 AM »

Blender 2.49b is in the Pardus repos but I need to use 2.48a because my old video card does not work with 2.49b. It’s something about OpenGL in 2.49b.

Anyway, should I use the Blender 2.48a tar.bz2 file? Should I install it as root or as user? With Ubuntu I installed it into the User partition into the User folder. Should I do the same thing with Pardus? Thanks for any help.
Andreas
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 10:52:19 AM »

Anyway, should I use the Blender 2.48a tar.bz2 file?

Hello ForeverLinuxUser,

I hope the instructions in the Blender Wiki will help you.  Wink

Greetings
Andreas
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 12:42:30 PM »

Anyway, should I use the Blender 2.48a tar.bz2 file?
You can always try this version to see if it works for your hardware.
You can download this version from http://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.48a/
And I would take the -py25- version as this is as close as you can get to the Python 2.6.4 of P2009.

Should I install it as root or as user? With Ubuntu I installed it into the User partition into the User folder. Should I do the same thing with Pardus? Thanks for any help.
I would do the same for Pardus.
Looking at the installation instructions on the Blender Wiki you can install it the same way as you can install the backup program Areca as shown in this Pardus Wiki.
ForeverLinuxUser
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 02:57:58 AM »

Thanks for the help Andreas and atolboo. I tried installing Blender 2.48a from the tar.bz2 file using the Archive Manager and using the Terminal and I just can't get it to work. I also installed Blender 2.49b from the Package Manager and that version boots but it locks up my computer because of something about OpenGL in that version.

May be there is some way to get version 2.48a to boot but I don't know how. 2.48a does boot in Ubuntu 9.10, Mandriva 2010 and Mepis 8.0.12. I've always had to have at least two different distros of Linux install in order to run all the software I need so this isn't unusual.

I'm keeping Pardus on my hard drive though. A little problem like this won't make me stop using Pardus.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 03:01:49 AM by ForeverLinuxUser » Logged
Andreas
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 12:27:04 PM »

I'm keeping Pardus on my hard drive though.

Good to hear.  Smiley Wink
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: