Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 12:52:34 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Software
| | |-+  Firerfox Opera Googlechrom Problems
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Firerfox Opera Googlechrom Problems  (Read 1881 times)
ilanesh
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: February 07, 2010, 14:16:39 PM »

All the 3 Browsers are were very slow untul they almost not working anymore.
Every site I want to go it is so slow and tries to open and then nothing is happening anymore.
On all the other Linux systems I have no such problems with any Browser, they are all lightening fast, only on Pardus kde all is sooooo slooow.
Gnome is the fastest and best, so now what to do?
every thing else works only not browser cause cannot go into any website anymore.
Is there any possibility to choose in future versions between gnome and kde?
It is just impossible to do anything when the browsers are not working.  :'(
trixon
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 14:37:23 PM »

Open Network Manager and change the DNS from the default Pardus' ones to something that works better for you.
ilanesh
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 17:23:43 PM »

Thanks for reply trixon, but I do not have any option for dns change, there, there is something like "name server" and do not know hat this is?
I tried all the 3 different numbers from name server, nothing really works, it works partly only , but not with google and gmail, I can get into the site of pardus world forum, so I copied and pasted it into the line for costum configure, but now nothing at all works, all the 3 numbers not.
So I gave up on it and I stay with my Ubuntu and my beloved Gnome desktop, no headegg.
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 19:49:09 PM »

I think your problem has to do with the amount of RAM in your computer.
How much RAM do you have in your computer?
And do you have a SWAP partition on your hard disk?
ilanesh
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 21:01:35 PM »

Hi atolboo, I have 2 gig ram, and about swap I do not know anything, the installation is automatic, and with all the other linux systems no such problems, and they also do automatic installation. I am no technician so I do not know how to partition. I also tried to reinstall pardus but I do not know how to make a bootable usb flash drive for to reinstall, dvd`s is gone it was recordable.
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 21:29:30 PM »

I do not know how to make a bootable usb flash drive for to reinstall
Have a look in this Installation using a USB device for Pardus 2009.1 Wiki page.

I am no technician so I do not know how to partition.
And in Installing Pardus 2009 starting at Partitioning method.
ilanesh
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 22:48:41 PM »

Sorry I did not tell that I do not want to install it to a flash pen, I only want to put the iso on a flash pen anstead to burn to a dvd, I already used the unetbootin, after reboot it started to boot and then it hangs, so I guess I need to buy dvd`s to burn on them, but I do not like it, usb pen drive is for me the best I can always reuse it, I realised it works best with ubuntu and ubuntu based distros the unetbootin, even mandriva will not boot from unetbootin.
ilanesh
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2010, 22:53:15 PM »

atolboo, it looks complicated the manual partitioning, is it not adding a swap partition automatic when doing the automated partitioning like on other linux distro`s? The easiest manual partitioner has Mandriva, all the others it is complicated, sorry but am a noob in this.
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2010, 23:08:20 PM »

Pardus_2009.1_Anthropoides_virgo_International.iso can NOT be put on a USB device with Unetbootin.

... to burn to a dvd,
And you should NOT burn it to a DVD but to a CD.
ilanesh
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2010, 23:19:40 PM »

Thanks for letting me know. But I burn every linux distro to a DVD and boot on it and no problems, I do not use cd`s it takes too long to reburn on them, and to buy always new cd` who are not re writeable this is a mass. I use re writeable DVD`s they are fast and just overburn when burning another distro, so it is so good for to always re use it.
So I have only DVD`s now, but they are gone, too often they were used up. I will try to reburn it.
Kupfer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2010, 20:51:20 PM »

I too noticed that the browsers (in my case Firefox and Opera) were sluggish and very slow when loading pages.

You can try to do the following:

Install 'wicd' and 'wicd-gtk' from the Package Manager.

After they are installed, disconnect from your wireless profile in Network Manager and delete the profile.

Start Internet -> Wicd. it will scan for available networks. Choose your wireless network and click on 'Properties'. If your network uses encryption you can now add your password. Press OK, then click 'Automatically connect to this network', then 'Connect'.

You don't need to add wicd to autostart manually, it will start automatically every time you log in and connect you to the network you have chosen.

This solution seems to work for me - the browsing is noticeably faster and no problems loading pages so far.
I'm using wicd as my default network manager now and I even deleted the Network Manager widget from my panel.

I hope this works for you too.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: