Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 11:07:49 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  Wish list
| | |-+  [solved]Kmymoney
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: [solved]Kmymoney  (Read 1461 times)
Talisien
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: February 24, 2010, 09:01:23 AM »

Is it possible to ad Kmymoney for KDE4 to repositories? For small offices it is more suitable than Hombank. Or is there an alternative? Konverting files from Kmymoney to other programs unfortunaly does'nt work so well. It would be a great thing to have Kmymoney in Pardus again.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 21:13:55 PM by Michiel » Logged
Andreas
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 09:14:27 AM »

Is it possible to ad Kmymoney for KDE4 to repositories?

Hello,

you find Kmymoney now in the Test-Repo  Wink

For install Kmymoney you must add the Test-Repo to package-manager, because some other dependencies are needed.

So you can please edit the Thread in you first post as [solved]  Wink

Greetings
Andreas
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 15:43:21 PM by Andreas » Logged
kalwisti
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 02:25:35 AM »

Building KMyMoney 3.96.1 on Pardus 2009.1 [How-to]

Andreas mentioned that the beta version of KMyMoney (3.96.1) for KDE 4 is available in the test repository. I do not recommend that you install it from there -- unless you are braver than I am. I tried installing but cancelled the process when I saw that KMM wanted to pull in several odd dependencies, such as PiSi, nano, etc. (Note: Before trying this, I added the Pardus 2009 test repo to my sources list and made certain that it was the only active repository).

So I decided to try compiling KMM from source and was successful. The program is working fine for me thus far; I imported my existing KMM file (from version 1.0.0) and immediately saved it with a new file name. Next, I entered about 20 new checkbook transactions; KMM calculated the account balance correctly. I also reconciled the account against my most recent bank statement, and the reconciliation worked with no problems. (I have not tried any of the online banking features, as we don't bank online. So I can't comment on whether -- or how well -- these features work).

Note: Version 3.96 is the second beta release (15 Feb. 2010) of KMM. It has been stabilized and fixes bugs found in the first beta release (28 Dec. 2009). The second beta is not officially recommended for general use. However, the KMM development team typically produces high-quality work and Alvaro Soliverez wrote that "We are confident that it is stable enough for use by early adopters." He also notes that the KMM developers are using it themselves to manage their finances.

The second beta release announcement can be read here:

http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=85852

If you're interested in trying the new KMM and providing feedback to the devs about issues you encounter, I'd encourage you to take the plunge. The build process is not terribly complicated; if I can do it, you can too.

Here are the basic steps I followed:

1. Check to make sure that the component packages required to compile KMyMoney are installed on your system:

kdelibs-devel 4.3.5
qt 4.5.3

Pardus's Build Essentials package (can be installed via the Konsole):
http://en.pardus-wiki.org/HOWTO:Installing_build_essentials
(This includes utilities such as gcc 4.3.3, make 3.81, automake and cmake 2.6.4. It will also install other tools which you don't need at the moment, but may be useful later). 

kdepimlibs-devel 4.3.5 (plus several dependencies)
libxml2-docs 2.7.3
libxml2 2.7.3
libxmlpp 2.26.0
gwenhywfar 3.11.3
doxygen 1.5.9

2. Go the main page of the KMM website ( http://kmymoney2.sourceforge.net/index-home.html ) and download the beta version from the hyperlink labelled "3.96.1 for KDE 4 (beta)." It is not a large download -- approx. 14 MB. The file name is kmymoney-3.96.1.tar.bz2.

At the beginning of the download, I chose the option "Open with Ark (default)."

When the download finished, I saved the decompressed file(s) to my /home folder by clicking on the "Extract" button in Ark's toolbar. This should place a folder named kmymoney-3.96.1 in your /home directory.

3. Now you can follow the "Quick-start" instructions written by Joerg Rodeheuser (7 Feb. 2009); they are included in the file named README.cmake. I will summarize them here.

4. Check that you have the required version of cmake installed. (Version 2.4 is required as a minimum; the most recent stable version is preferred). Open a Konsole and enter:

Code:
$ cmake --version

On my system, this returned the output below:

Code:
$ cmake version 2.6-patch 4

If this result is OK, proceed to Step 5.

5. Navigate to your top KMM directory (in my case, this looked as follows):

Code:
david@david-pardus ~ $ ls
Desktop    Downloads  kmymoney-3.96.1  Pictures  Videos
Documents  Finances   Music            Skrooge

david@david-pardus ~ $ cd kmymoney-3.96.1

david@david-pardus kmymoney-3.96.1 $

and type the following commands:

Code:
$ mkdir build

Code:
$ cd build

Code:
$ cmake ..

If the configuration is successful, you should see a message like:

"Good - your configure finished. Start make now."

Code:
$ make

I did not precisely time how long the "make" process took on my computer (specs given in my signature below), but I estimate that it took 10-15 minutes. If you have a slower CPU and less RAM, the process might take 30-40 minutes or more.

10. At this point, you are ready to finalize the installation.

Code:
$ su

$ < Enter your password >

# make install

# exit

11. With some luck, if everything went well, you will have a bright, shiny KDE4 version of KMyMoney that looks like my attached screenshot below. The build process should automatically add a menu entry under Applications > Office > KMyMoney (with the KMM icon, the gold coin embossed with a "K").

Once KMM has been completely installed, the kmymoney-3.96.1 folder in your /home directory will be 121.5 MB in size.

I hope these tips will help you successfully build/compile the KDE 4 version of KMM. Please feel free to correct any mistakes and/or omissions in this how-to.

* kmymoney.png (250.39 KB, 600x450 - viewed 109 times.)

Registered Linux User # 442201

Pardus 2011.2 (KDE 4.6.5, kernel 2.6.37.6)

AMD Athlon II X2 240 (Regor) 2.8 GHz, 4 GB RAM, Seagate Barracuda 320 GB HD, Nvidia GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 integrated GPU, Samsung SH-S222L DVD-RW
kalwisti
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 03:07:37 AM »

Good news for anyone who has been waiting for the KDE 4 version of KMyMoney:

I just finished a rather large update (73 packages, 79.16 MB download) tonight, and I noticed that the new version of KMyMoney was moved from the test repo into the main repository. (I am using the Dutch repos). Look for

kmymoney 3.96.1
kmymoney-docs 3.96.1

So it's no longer necessary to compile KMM from source.

Registered Linux User # 442201

Pardus 2011.2 (KDE 4.6.5, kernel 2.6.37.6)

AMD Athlon II X2 240 (Regor) 2.8 GHz, 4 GB RAM, Seagate Barracuda 320 GB HD, Nvidia GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 integrated GPU, Samsung SH-S222L DVD-RW
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: