Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 07:58:01 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Installing Pardus
| | |-+  User not being created by YALI
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: User not being created by YALI  (Read 3105 times)
yathaid

View Profile
« on: March 05, 2010, 11:41:32 AM »

Hi

I recently installed Pardus on my Compaq F763nr laptop. Problem is when YALI finished and auto rebooted system, the user that I had created during install was not actually created. I had to log in through console as root and adduser from command line.

If anybody else had this issue, maybe it can be reported as a bug.
Andreas
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 12:41:30 PM »

Hello,

do you have checked the integrity of the CD during the installation?

Greetings
Andreas

* Integrity-Check.png (72.56 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 135 times.)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 12:45:47 PM by Andreas » Logged
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 14:51:53 PM »

If anybody else had this issue, maybe it can be reported as a bug.
Are you sure you activated the [5] Create User button?
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 17:10:45 PM »

Hi yathaid,

Yes, this happened to me, too.  I filled in my username and password, then clicked on "next", as with most other distros.
I learnt one has to cick on Advanced to see the "create user" button, and click on that. 
It could be neater, as many first time Pardus users will not know to click on Advanced.
Lisa Marie
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 17:20:52 PM »

I learnt one has to cick on Advanced to see the "create user" button, and click on that. 
I have to retest this but I don't think it's necessary to activate the  Advanced button in order to see the Create User button.
mpie
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 19:39:07 PM »

the same happened to me, I have /home on a separate partition and this was not correctly mounted.
It is an ext3 partition the installer had it as an ext4.... I altered this but on reboot after displaying no error home was not mounted and in /etc/fstab as ext4
Murali
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 01:18:34 AM »

I had the same problem today when i installed. I didn't see Advanced button or probably didn't pay attention to it and kept clicing next. On reboot it didn't find my user so had to create using root account.

I also have another issue with root account. After couple of reboots i couldn't logon using root account. No matter what i did it didn't take the root account. I did enter the right passwd each time and it worked only the first time when i created the regular user using root. I tried to enter into single user mode on boot but that didn't work either. I was about to post on this issue when i stumbled upon this post. Is this a bug??

Another issue that i had was i couldn't see restart/shutdown option anywhere. In the taskbar even though it showed red shutdown/restart button all it had was logout. Again after couple of reboots shutdown/restart automatically showed up.

Disappointing start  Sad for me.

Forgot to mention earlier - I did check integrity of the iso and it showed success.
Murali
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2010, 01:20:59 AM »

Forgot one more thing Sad. I'm still without root account, not sure how i can change the passwd, single user mode doesn't work. Any other way i can change the passwd without re-installing again?
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2010, 09:45:29 AM »

.......Any other way i can change the passwd without re-installing again?
Yes, try .... Wink
Reboot from Installation-CD/DVD/USB > Rescue System > select the appropriate partition > Change password (lost password) > etc....
Peter

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2010, 10:24:45 AM »

I had the same problem installing P 2009.2. And noticed that when adding users the "user id" is not automaticaly added, You have to do that manually.
Gr Peter

eer Linux, minder Windows
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2010, 10:34:22 AM »

....... noticed that when adding users the "user id" is not automaticaly added, You have to do that manually.
Where should you add this manually?
Could you give more/additional instructions?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 10:35:55 AM by atolboo » Logged
Murali
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2010, 22:10:40 PM »

Booted with installation CD and did as suggested - rescue, select partition, lost passwd for root and changed the passwd successfully since it showed success. However on rebooting and trying to use the passwd it doesn't work. Not sure what's going wrong, I'm pretty positive i'm entering the right passwd that i changed to.  Huh?
Murali
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2010, 22:23:18 PM »

Again changed the passwd to something strong but doesn't work Sad TIming has changed on the clock as well.

Not sure if this is a one-off issue that i'm facing, did the iso check and it was successful this time too. Unless i'm doing something really wrong feel there's a bug somewhere. Disappointed  :'( came with lotsa expectations. Anyway i'm just an user.
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2010, 22:27:48 PM »

Are you sure you did select the right partition and then select in "User to change password of:"Super User (root)
I also made that mistake as you can see >HERE<
Murali
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2010, 23:17:42 PM »

Yes, i did select the right partition. For changing user password i can do it from terminal itself as root  Wink. I tried few times and it doesn't work, hence makes me feel either I'm doing something wrong or there's some issue somewhere.

UPDATE: While changing system time it prompted me for root passwd and when i entered it worked so passwd is right, but it just doesn't work in other places, like while deleting files/folders or wherever root permissions are needed.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: