Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 00:54:59 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Pardus for beginners
| | |-+  [Solved] Recording Video ?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Solved] Recording Video ?  (Read 1336 times)
obnascar

View Profile
« on: March 16, 2010, 17:04:46 PM »

I have some YouTube video downloads (.flv) I would like to put on CD. I have never burned videos to a cd, in fact it has been years since I have burned audio cd's which dates back to when I was using Windows seven years ago.

I have done some "google" searches and other digging around but I am still stupid when it comes to figuring out how to records video's. Can someone please give me some suggestions on how to get started ?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 01:43:04 AM by obnascar » Logged
Andreas
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 17:24:13 PM »

I have never burned videos to a cd

Hello,

I think you will find help about it here  Wink

Greetings
Andreas
obnascar

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 17:50:18 PM »

Andreas

thank you for your prompt reply. I normally use k3b. That documention looks like it is exactly what I need.
Andreas
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 17:54:20 PM »

thank you for your prompt reply. I normally use k3b. That documention looks like it is exactly what I need.

No problem obnascar. I am happy that I could help you.  Wink Smiley
obnascar

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 20:04:39 PM »

I guess YouTube videos (.flv) are not recordable.....bummer !!! It tells me I am missing files.
James T
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 20:15:39 PM »

I guess YouTube videos (.flv) are not recordable.....bummer !!! It tells me I am missing files.

At what stage does it say that? When you try to play back the files you've written on the CD? If so, can you play them in the original directory where you downloaded them?
obnascar

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 20:21:27 PM »

It tells me this when it first starts to record. They do play just fine using gnome player or kaffeine in the folder. My wild guess is "flv" may not be a recordable video file but what do I know....
mpie
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 20:52:39 PM »

What are you trying to watch them on?
If  you want to watch them on a stand alone dvd player, you will find devede in the repos that will allow you to make disks out of any media files including flv, without any expert knowledge.
obnascar

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 21:01:17 PM »

Yes in fact it is a stand alone Dvd player....I will try your suggestion
obnascar

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2010, 21:34:23 PM »

The DeVeDe video creator created the iso, but I get this error when burning the iso using k3b:

Code:
Executing 'builtin_dd if=/dev/fd/0 of=/dev/sr0 obs=32k seek=0'
/dev/sr0: "Current Write Speed" is 4.1x1352KBps.
:-[ WRITE@LBA=0h failed with SK=5h/ILLEGAL MODE FOR THIS TRACK]: Input/output error
:-( attempt to re-run with -dvd-compat -dvd-compat to engage DAO or apply full blanking procedure
:-( write failed: Input/output error

growisofs command:
-----------------------
/usr/bin/growisofs -Z /dev/sr0=/dev/fd/0 -use-the-force-luke=notray -use-the-force-luke=tty -use-the-force-luke=4gms
-use-the-force-luke=tracksize:83401 -dvd-compat -speed=4 -use-the-force-luke=bufsize:32m

that is way over my head.....any ideas anyone ? But we may be on the right track I believe thanks to mpie suggestion
to use DeVeDe, anyway it sort of makes sense to me.

EDIT: oh, I just seen part of the error reported "ILLEGAL MODE FOR THIS TRACK" does that mean something isn't set up correctly ? I am running k3b as root...
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 21:39:09 PM by obnascar » Logged
obnascar

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2010, 22:30:03 PM »

I booted up into a different distro and was able to burn the DeVeDe image. But my dvd player replied
"playback prohibited by area limitations"
when I tried to play it. NOW WHAT ??

EDIT: My area is USA/Canada, I have no idea what DeVeDe sets it up as, maybe there are settings in DeVeDe to do this. But I am running out of time for today. If someone knows for sure that DeVeDe has area setting options please let me know in the mean time, other wise I will check it out tomorrow. Or any other comments are WELCOME !!!!

« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 22:37:50 PM by obnascar » Logged
mpie
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2010, 23:10:04 PM »

When you add the videos in devede you will see video format, by default the PAL box is ticked.
For your region you need NTSC

On a side note a lot dvd players have codes you can enter to make them region free

Try a search like this but add your player model

http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&source=hp&q=dvd+player+region+codes&btnG=Google+Search&meta=&aq=2&oq=dvd+player+re&fp=dd6458e1d4f196b6
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2010, 00:03:22 AM »

Maybe AcetoneISO from  Contrib-2009 can help you with this issue.
It has the menu > Video > YouTube Download Video > etc.
obnascar

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2010, 01:50:54 AM »

For your region you need NTSC

Yes that is what I needed. I am now enjoying my YouTube Videos on DVD. I want to thank ALL that replied to this thread, I would have never figured it out without all of your replies. I am having a good day and I hope you all do also.

cheers,
jerry

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: