Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 16:59:22 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Laptop
| | |-+  HP Mini 110 cannot recover from hibernation
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: HP Mini 110 cannot recover from hibernation  (Read 2157 times)
caitlyn
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: March 28, 2011, 01:54:42 AM »

When my netbook goes into hibernation it will not wake up when running Pardus 2011.  The only way to get it up and running again is to power it down and start it up again.  My swap partition is /dev/sda2 and resume=/dev/sda2 is specified as a kernel parameter in /boot/grub/menu.lst.  Has anyone else seen this?  Does anyone know of a way to get hibernation working?
caitlyn
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 01:58:24 AM »

Reported as bug #17543.
dedebekri
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 08:47:13 AM »

I had the same problem, but I found a solution on an ubuntu forum. Try adding "noapic" (without quotes) as a boot parameter.

Both computers I had this problem are hibernating to memory and disk without any problems now!
caitlyn
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 17:17:44 PM »

Thanks for the tip!  I'll try it and let you know  Grin
caitlyn
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 17:51:05 PM »

Sorry to say the noapic option did not solve the problem  Undecided   dedebekri, do you have an HP or Compaq Mini 110 or did it work for you with a different laptop?

I saw someone else reported having the same issue with the same laptop in Bugzilla.
dedebekri
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 13:01:32 PM »

Sorry to say the noapic option did not solve the problem...
Sorry to hear it did not work out.
do you have an HP or Compaq Mini 110 or did it work for you with a different laptop?
One was a 7 year old Compaq nx7010 laptop, the other one was a 5 year old desktop.
I saw someone else reported having the same issue with the same laptop in Bugzilla.
Hope you find a solution for it!
caitlyn
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 23:06:35 PM »

CORRECTION:  Hibernation is not the problem.  It's suspend to RAM, when the screen blanks.  I mixed up the terminology there.  Sorry for any confusion which this may cause.

See: http://bugs.pardus.org.tr/show_bug.cgi?id=17543 if you're interested in how this is progressing.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: