Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 00:10:05 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Pardus for beginners
| | |-+  HP Deskjet 940c printer
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: HP Deskjet 940c printer  (Read 3087 times)
John A
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2010, 11:24:38 AM »

Pardus 2009.2 are not so far away:

"With the KDE 4.4 packages landing on the test repository the release
cycle of 2009.2 is starting up, as follows

21 May   2009.2 Beta
 28 May   2009.2 RC
04 Jun    2009.2"

So maybe you can give Pardus a chance again when that version is released.
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2010, 16:20:11 PM »

It was arrogant of HP to drop support for parallel port printers.  They went through the trouble of writing the code for support and then to drop it.  Stupid, especially since this older 3-in-1 printer is like a workhorse.
My husband downloaded several books about Linux, and I have yet to read them.  Shame on me!  Embarrassed
Lisa Marie
3novice378

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2010, 06:10:31 AM »

Thank you John A and Lisa for your replies.  I will look at trying Pardus 2009.2. The only "thorn in my side" Wink  is that I need to print and I like SOUND.   I have old printers and I definitely have no intentions of getting new ones any time soon.  So, when it comes to needing to set up an old printer or old sound card you just have to search or ask questions and the help will be there.
Like I said before THESE FORUMS are great for getting answers and help.  There truly are alot of knowledgeable people out there and Linux is a great system to learn if your are "adventurous".  Grin
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: