Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 23:01:15 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Download/Repos
| | |-+  Pardus 2009.2 Beta
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pardus 2009.2 Beta  (Read 1360 times)
Andreas
« on: May 21, 2010, 18:25:19 PM »

Hello together,

you can download the Installations CD/DVD Beta of Pardus 2009.2 here  Wink

Greetings
Andreas
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 05:23:42 AM by Andreas » Logged
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 22:33:41 PM »

And the Live version of Pardus 2009.2 Beta from >here<   
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 18:25:24 PM »

Ah, thank you both!  Perfect timing.  A couple of days ago I tried installing the latest KDE desktop in test repo and then couldn't start the x server.  I was using Pisi gui to to this and I kept getting an error that a package was wrong version,  though the error message didn't say which and that I should update the repos.  I did this more than once, but kept getting the error. Then I rebooted.  The result was that I got a blank screen after logging in (I could see my cursor and move it about, but not screen). This was a different problem than what I was familiar with, and doing searches from error message, "glibc detected *** ksplashx: double free or corruption (out)" hinted at a glibc problem.  I should have asked for help here, but didn't, and instead used installation disk, system recovery by removing latest updates in history manager, but that messed everything up, and I no longer had dbus.  Tongue   Only last night I was thinking, "Oh well, maybe I should just wait for the next Pardus release instead of re-installing".  And this morning I see this post.  Even if it is Beta version, I'm all for getting it. And yes, I need to read a good manual on Linux so I can better repair what I have broken.  I also think Pardus' History Manager needs some work as this is the third time I have used it and two out of three times it broke my system.   

Regards, Lisa Marie

John A
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 20:48:56 PM »

I have noticed that Pardus have changed the policy about always use a cd.
They will move on to DVD in the international 2009.2 version. I guess its a positive thing.
Can be difficult to have all necessary packages on a cd:
http://liste.pardus.org.tr/pardus-announce/2010-May/000078.html

But I will wait to 4 june before I install it. Smiley
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 20:51:04 PM by John A » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: