Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 11:10:59 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  General topics
| | |-+  A new Pardus 2009.2 review
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A new Pardus 2009.2 review  (Read 1132 times)
John A
« on: June 07, 2010, 17:09:28 PM »

I just read a review of Pardus 2009.2:
http://cristalinux.blogspot.com/2010/06/final-review-pardus-20092.html

I was little suprised over this comment:

"But the amount of applications available was disappointingly low.
Taking into account the large application catalog already included on the Pardus 2009.2 installation, I think many users should be just fine, even with the limitations in its repositories."
Huh?

Have the author included "Contrib" and run a Pisi update after the installation? What I can see in my own Pardus 2009.2 at home the programs-respositories are much larger than any previous Pardus version.

John A
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 10:12:48 AM »

I asked the writer of the review yesterday what packages he missing in Pardus 2009.2 and get this answer:

"@john3: Using the default setup (no contrib repos enabled) I can't find Amarok, GIMP, Chromium, Compiz, dropbox, gnome-system-monitor, etc. In fact, except for Amarok, the contrib repos don't do much better."

Can  he have done something wrong with the installation? I got the programs like Gimp and Amarok in my own Pardus 2009.2 when I have check it.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 10:14:51 AM by John A » Logged
Andreas
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 11:27:06 AM »

Can  he have done something wrong with the installation?

Hello,

this can`t be a installations problem. I think he has not enculde all the repos which you find in this Thread and after it I think, he has not done a Update.  Wink

Greetings
Andreas

dvd

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 16:15:00 PM »

It not repo problem. Amarok, GIMP come with default install. No need to download.
bicskas
Pardus HUN translator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 16:42:21 PM »

"The lack of Compiz effects was a bit of a let down. I am aware that KWIN effects are available, but in my opinion, they are nowhere near what Compiz achieves in terms of variety, flexibility and power." -Final Review: Pardus 2009.2

+1 for me. Tongue

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: